Moral support required for a headphone upgrade! (Audio-Technica ATH-M50 to Sennheiser HD600)
Jan 6, 2014 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

richyboy

New Head-Fier

Hi all,

I'm floundering some and would really appreciate some 'wise words' from all of you experts out there!
I currently use Audio-Technica ATH-M50's with a Little Dot III amp which I have lavished with some nice tubes (no complaints)!
I realise that the ATH-M50's are really only 'entry-level' and given that, I am really pleased with their performance.
However, I feel the need to upgrade to Sennheiser HD600's and would very much appreciate your comments as such.
My front-end is generally a Roksan Attessa CD player which I have loved and cherished for some 20 years now!
I have no wish to change either the Roksan or the Little Dot. The sound that I have already is detailed but relaxing and, I am perfectly happy but feel that (theoretically) the ATH-M50's are holding-back the ultimate sound quality to be had from this system?
Thanks in advance for any comments you may have!
Rich.

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Do it!

Headphones will usually make the biggest difference in sound quality, and the Little Dot is well suited to higher impedance headphones like the HD-600. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 3

Thanks manbear! Nice to have your 'wise words'!

Rich.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back