Moral Dilemma
Sep 12, 2011 at 9:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MoeTheMammoth

New Head-Fier
Well I'm in the midst of upgrading my system and I recently purchased a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC. When I got home from work tonight  there was a package waiting for me, as expected but instead of the $700 DAC I have received a $1000 MF cd transport. The DAC is in desperate need of an upgrade (currently running Geffen TV $50) which is running into a burson audio HA 160 which are pushing Denon AH D7000's. I dont listen to cds that often but if I have the CDT I would expand my collection, or I could sell it and make 300 easy dollars. money isnt an issue for me at the moment either, what do you guys think

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #2 of 4
I moved this to the Member's Lounge; you'll get more opinions.

If you received something you didn't order, you should contact the seller and tell him/her what happened. Ask if they would like to have it returned and do so if they ask.

Consider the opposite. If you had bought a $1,000 piece of gear and got a $700 one, how would you feel?

Do the right thing.

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #3 of 4
I would check your invoice to verify you were billed for the DAC. If so, I agree with UE... do the right thing.

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #4 of 4
They made a mistake
Call them and see if they agree to let you keep it.
Anyways, if they want it back they should pay for return shipping and i would ask for some discount or something on the 700$ you paid for the trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back