MOONDROP Seventh Anniversary Edition, Beautiful World
Aug 10, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #17 of 23
Maybe a comparison against their iem Illumination gives some sense of what to expect from the headset itself. What genres does Moondrop recommend them for?
It looks great in presentation and aesthetics, except for the Waifu. I don't really like a serious, deluxe presentation with a cartoon.
I hope it will be a great success, I tried the two dunu ZEN PRO and I found them to be very good single DD iems (and very cool, they reminded me of focal headphones in the hour I was with them), will they be able to rival them?

Aug 12, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #18 of 23
Maybe a comparison against their iem Illumination gives some sense of what to expect from the headset itself. What genres does Moondrop recommend them for?
It looks great in presentation and aesthetics, except for the Waifu. I don't really like a serious, deluxe presentation with a cartoon.
I hope it will be a great success, I tried the two dunu ZEN PRO and I found them to be very good single DD iems (and very cool, they reminded me of focal headphones in the hour I was with them), will they be able to rival them?
By the looks of it their frequency response is essentially the same as the Aria Snow edition or original Starfield. So should sound about the same in presentation - but with a better quality drive, so maybe a bit more clarity I’d imagine. But both of those have a less popular bright/lean tuning compared to standard Aria or Kato which both are less lean… which is a shame.

Nov 21, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #20 of 23
Being a fan and a former owner of Illumination, I’d really like to understand the difference between Beautiful World and Kato in terms of sound quality aspects not mentioning the pure silver cable… If Beautiful World is a real new dd-based flagship that came to replace Illumination, I would be happy to buy one. But if it’s a collector’s item based on Kato then I’d buy Illumination again since I really liked it.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #21 of 23
Interested in buying one but aftaid that SQ would be a downgrade from Illumination. I love my Illumination btw. Really underappreciated IEM. Tuned very well to the point that it can be boring to some folks but has actually insane resolution and stage if you just actually listen to them more seriously.

Jan 7, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #22 of 23
Interested in buying one but aftaid that SQ would be a downgrade from Illumination. I love my Illumination btw. Really underappreciated IEM. Tuned very well to the point that it can be boring to some folks but has actually insane resolution and stage if you just actually listen to them more seriously.
Well, you decide for yourself - it is the Kato driver inside

Feb 25, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #23 of 23
Love the design and packaging.

Unfortunately, being Moondrop, it would almost certainly have Harman tuning.
Really wish they move on from “safe”/boring tuning and dare to create more engaging iems.

Sound Rhyme, Aful and Kiwiears seem to have outpaced Moondrop because of this.

Blessing 3 imo fails to compete with other iems within the price bracket. I sold mine shortly after purchasing it. It has great tech but let down by the tuning.
Same here. Bought the Blessing 3 and sold it within a week. Then I bought the Timeless AE which I really liked but they did not sound a lot better than the MP145 or IE200 so I sold them to. Now I have the Aful Performer8 which gives me mixed feelings. It depends on the song how it sounds. Some songs sound extremely good, endgame IEM sound, but some other songs sound like crap. Changing the tips from silicone (tried Dunu S&S, Spinfit CP100plus, Spiraldot and Final E) to foam (Comply) made some difference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back