Moondrop Blessing 2 or LZ A6?
May 28, 2020 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

buchlair

New Head-Fier
Trying to decide between these two iems for my next purchase. I'm looking for a warm tone with a spacious sound stage. I usually listen to r&b, rap, and pop for reference. Some of the B2 reviews have said that it is better suited for certain genres, so that's why I'm posing this question. I'm primarily going to be using my iPhone and MacBook as a source with a Fiio BTR5 in the future.

Also, what kind of cables should I look into?

Any sort of comparisons/advice would be greatly appreciated!

May 30, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #2 of 7
I don’t have either of those IEMs, but since there’s no other response as of yet, I’ll toss in my 2c. I don’t know much about the LZ A6, so hopefully someone with them will chime in. I’ve been researching the Blessing 2, and it’s on my short list, but I don’t know if it would be good for you. It is a neutral-sounding IEM, with good detail and great accuracy, but little bass. The relatively low bass volume seems to be the main critique of it, though the bass is very appropriate for a neutral monitor. Given you listed music preferences, I would think an IEM with more bass, that is perhaps more “exciting”, yet is well balanced, would be better for you. Such IEMs include the Moondrop Starfield and the ThieAudio L3. If you want a lot of bass, the BLON BL03 is great, and for a true bass-head IEM, there’s the TFZ No,3.

For cables, Tripowin cables, including the C8 are nice, and affordable.

Jun 18, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 7
Trying to decide between these two iems for my next purchase. I'm looking for a warm tone with a spacious sound stage. I usually listen to r&b, rap, and pop for reference. Some of the B2 reviews have said that it is better suited for certain genres, so that's why I'm posing this question. I'm primarily going to be using my iPhone and MacBook as a source with a Fiio BTR5 in the future.

Also, what kind of cables should I look into?

Any sort of comparisons/advice would be greatly appreciated!

As a moondrop blessing 2 owner,i cant rec them for hiphop or edm,i mean they got bass but they need more sub bass for those genre. I owned fh5 and thieaudio legacy 3 they are excellent on those genre

Jun 20, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #4 of 7
As a moondrop blessing 2 owner,i cant rec them for hiphop or edm,i mean they got bass but they need more sub bass for those genre. I owned fh5 and thieaudio legacy 3 they are excellent on those genre

Not to hijack this thread, but how do you think the Blessing 2 compares with the Legacy 3. I know they‘re quite different, but I’m really wondering how certain technicalities (detail, resolution, speed, timbre, etc.) compare. This question has been posed a lot recently, but thus far, no one with both IEMs has answered. Thanks.

Jun 20, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #5 of 7
Not to hijack this thread, but how do you think the Blessing 2 compares with the Legacy 3. I know they‘re quite different, but I’m really wondering how certain technicalities (detail, resolution, speed, timbre, etc.) compare. This question has been posed a lot recently, but thus far, no one with both IEMs has answered. Thanks.
I'm still waiting for my L3 lol! I'll tell you what I think of them once I get them

Jun 23, 2020 at 9:08 AM Post #6 of 7

I just got the L3 today! listening to my playlists Country/Classic Rock,EDM,Hip hop,Pop
via ES100 2.5 balanced,LDAC(AMAZON MUSIC HD)

graph.png

IMO
BASS
-TIE ! while L3 beats blessing 2 on quantity,B2 bass quality is better
MIDS=B2 not even close
HGHS=L3 highs is a bit too much for me,B2 highs while it is elevated it never bothers me
SOUNDSTAGE/IMAGING=B2 not even close

I found that the L3 setting affect the highs but bass not so much

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #7 of 7
Blessing 2 is a mid-centric IEM, that means it has less bass and treble extension, because the midrange is emphasized. It's very good if you like vocal driven songs. But the LZ A6 crushes the B2 in absolutely all the other aspects. I only won't recommend the A6 if you're very treble sensitive and prefers a smoother tonality. For the price, the A6 is a gem. And it still beats its sucessor A7 and many others above its price range.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back