Moon Audio Silver Dragon mini > RCA
Apr 12, 2003 at 2:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

austonia

Headphoneus Supremus
I convinced myself I need a better interconnect for my D25S > Grado HPA-1 setup. Currently using a $10 Acoutstic Research thing. It works ok, but there's gotta be better right? Good RCA > mini seem few and far between. I'm not into DIY yet and the ones at Headroom didn't look enticing. At the suggestion of others here I contacted the guy at moon-audio.com and he put one together for me. He updated his page with a pic of it and will sell them now. I just needed a short 1-foot cable. Should arrive tommorrow or Monday then I will check it out and post some thoughts on it. This is my first decent cable so hopefully the differences will be apparent.

http://www.moon-audio.com/Interconnects.htm

(scroll down)

Apr 14, 2003 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
How about Zu Pivot, looks very high quality, uses silver cables have not heard but should be very high resolution.

Zu Pivot

$89 for 1 meter with 60 day trail peroid.

Zu Pivot is pretty good, but resolution is greater with DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1.

Apr 14, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Zu Pivot is pretty good, but resolution is greater with DH Labs Silver Sonic BL-1.

Where did you get a DH Labs dual RCA/Mini cable? I just checked website and they don't list one.........do you have a link?

Apr 14, 2003 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Where did you get a DH Labs dual RCA/Mini cable? I just checked website and they don't list one.........do you have a link?

Actually, I built it. I got the BL-1 in bulk, added Cardas RCA's and a Switchcraft mini. A little stiff, but so far it sounds better than most (well...I did try a Radio Shack RCA to mini adapter on the VD Nites once, just to see what it sounded like, but we won't count that
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Apr 14, 2003 at 10:18 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

How about Zu Pivot, looks very high quality, uses silver cables have not heard but should be very high resolution.

Zu Pivot

$89 for 1 meter with 60 day trail peroid.

I don't think the Pivot is "balanced" - notice it doesn't split into the 2 RCA leads until the very end of the cable. Similiar to my cheap Acoustic Research cable. The Moon Audio cable splits right from the Mini plug and is flexible. I needed a cable that was more flexible than the BL-1 type since the loop from my CDP to the amp is very short.

Apr 17, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #9 of 15
Oh, forgot to mention in my box of cable goodies there is one piece dual RCA/Mini adaptor you can get at Radio Shack for $1-2 which allows you to connect any ICs you want instead of getting custom dual RCA/Mini cable........allows more options and flexibility, but more bulky/cumbersome arrangement.

This is what Hirsch was refferring to above in his post

Apr 17, 2003 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

I have one of these, I just e-mailed him and he made what I wanted.

Apr 17, 2003 at 10:05 PM Post #11 of 15
Those are some nice looking cables you all linked to.
austonia, that is very nice.
Now if somebosy would make one with nice tight right angle ends....................

Boy, I don't go to the Zu cable site for a while and they really change it around. Last time I was there they didn't have any mini to anything cables.

Apr 17, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #12 of 15
to spend so much in cables for a D25s looks foolish to my eyes. Do you really need the small size of the D25s ? Otherwise sell it and get a decent full size cdp, the improvment will be more significant.

Aug 6, 2003 at 11:36 AM Post #15 of 15
I'm getting the mini -> mini IC from Silver Dragon... how is your's working out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back