Moon Audio Reviews
Nov 14, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #226 of 328
I had a portable rig: iPod 4G/CLAS/SR-71b/Westone 4r.   All cabling is Moon Audio Silver Dragon v1 IEM.

Recently, I reached out to Drew to address problems I had with this rig:

1. About 1/3 of my digital music collection is 24/96 in lossless uncompressed FLAC and WAV; this rig is limited to 16/48;
  2. iPod does not natively support FLAC, so I had to use a third-party app for FLAC that was at times buggy and did not play other formats - had to run iTunes and FLAC player
  3. I travel a bit for work and this rig was a brick to carry around when I travel

He suggested keeping the SR-71b and buying a AK100.

I could not be more pleased - all formats are accepted, 24/96 hi-res is no issue and the AK100/SR-71b footprint is relatively small - tiny compared to my previous brick.  Needless to say, the SQ is absolutely stunning

Once again, Drew gave great advice, excellent service and quick shipping.

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #227 of 328
I ordered a BMC PureDac on Black Friday, early in the morning, with priority overnight shipping.  I was hoping it would be shipped out that day and get to me on Saturday, and I sent a follow-up email to drew@moon-audio.com asking about that.  I also asked that, should they not be able to ship on Friday, that they change the shipping method to the standard, free option.  I haven't heard back yet, and the DAC didn't come yesterday.

I assume that they're all too busy with Thanksgiving and Black Friday, but I'd love some sort of response.

I have faith that it'll all work out. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #228 of 328
Another purchase from Drew and another fantastic experience.
Bought the LCD-XC and some cables.
Cool dude to deal with.

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #229 of 328
  I ordered a BMC PureDac on Black Friday, early in the morning, with priority overnight shipping.  I was hoping it would be shipped out that day and get to me on Saturday, and I sent a follow-up email to drew@moon-audio.com asking about that.  I also asked that, should they not be able to ship on Friday, that they change the shipping method to the standard, free option.  I haven't heard back yet, and the DAC didn't come yesterday.

I assume that they're all too busy with Thanksgiving and Black Friday, but I'd love some sort of response.

I have faith that it'll all work out. 

We are a small family owned and operated business. We have given all our employees the wknd off for Thanksgiving to enjoy the holiday with their families. Order has been received and shipping has been refunded and will ship Monday when we return to work. Thank you for understanding.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Dec 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #230 of 328
We are a small family owned and operated business. We have given all our employees the wknd off for Thanksgiving to enjoy the holiday with their families. Order has been received and shipping has been refunded and will ship Monday when we return to work. Thank you for understanding.

Works for me. Thanks!

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #232 of 328
I have received my order: HM901 + balanced card, JH13ProFreq. and, what is most important here, the Moon Audion Silver Dragon V1 cable with TRRS connector.
The communication with Moon Audio was smooth, the delivery was instant and the sound is, well, PERFECT.

Thank you Drew for this experience!

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #233 of 328
I have HM901+balanced card+JH13ProFreq.+Silver Dragon V1 TRRS connector.

The MA-SD-V1 cable, for my trained ears, represents a DIFFERENCE. The stock JH cable is really good, thus I did not await much more.
Then I received a parcel from Moon Audio and I discovered a new dimension of the sound!

The sound quality is the most importatnt feature. Nevertheless, the cable is a silver gem, it is beautiful and looks really great.
Last but not least I have to mention the Moon Audio response time: it's practically immediate. I made a mistake in delivery address, they immediately informed me. A asked an advice and they immediately sent me the required info.

Moon Audio, Drew, Nichole, thank you for your great support!

PS. My first reaction was sent from iPad, and I thought It got lost on my VPN server - therefore I wrote a new one. Then I saw my previous one on the forum :)

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #234 of 328
I recently re-terminated a set of Silver Dragon V3 headphone cables to fit my HD-650's. I have given them a few days to settle-in and spent the weekend doing some critical listening and all I can say is what a pairing! The SD V3’s add just enough to the top end to counter the well-known “darkness” of the 650’s, balancing out the Senn’s in a beautiful and cohesive way. The build quality of the cable is also top notch and I love the heft of the Furutech ¼ connector and lovely mechanical “thunk” it makes when plugged into my Burson Conductor. To anyone who wants to give their HD650’s a significant upgrade, the SD V3 is a perfect match and is well worth the money. Great work by Drew (as always) - he's a class act and knows his "stuff". 

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #235 of 328
My Black Dragon should have arrived this morning but I got whacked with a customs bill and the post office was closed when I went to pay it. Looking forward to trying it with my LCD-XC tomorrow.

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #236 of 328
[COLOR=1F497D]I recently re-terminated a set of Silver Dragon V3 headphone cables to fit my HD-650's. I have given them a few days to settle-in and spent the weekend doing some critical listening and all I can say is what a pairing! The SD V3’s add just enough to the top end to counter the well-known “darkness” of the 650’s, balancing out the Senn’s in a beautiful and cohesive way. The build quality of the cable is also top notch and I love the heft of the Furutech ¼ connector and lovely mechanical “thunk” it makes when plugged into my Burson Conductor. To anyone who wants to give their HD650’s a significant upgrade, the SD V3 is a perfect match and is well worth the money. Great work by Drew (as always) - he's a class act and knows his "stuff". [/COLOR]

Is that a Conductor in your picture? That looks awesome.

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #237 of 328
Is that a Conductor in your picture? That looks awesome.

Tony - Yes it is! And I won the lottery when the distributor sent me one of the demo units, so it has the clear top and the LED's inside. 
beerchug.gif

The Conductor is a great all-in-one unit and it's awesome to have a piece of gear that I know will be in my HP system for a long time and (hopefully) keep me off the upgrade-merry-go-round for a good while (especially after I install the new CM6631A USB module I just ordered from down-under).

Cheers - Michael 

Jan 31, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #238 of 328
I've only had my recabled Black Dragon V2 Beyerdynamic T1's back from Drew for a couple of  weeks. I was very happy with the T1's stock and realistically I was hoping at best for a few nice subtle improvements. I was prepared for no improvement at all. This, to my ears, is a significant upgrade. It's like Beyerdynamic just came out with the T1.5's !!! Soundstage is a whole new ballgame. Much more nuanced...at times almost atmospheric. More weight and realism to everything. I've been a drummer for over 40 years...was concerned that the added weight of the Black Dragons on the bottom end might take away from the cymbal dynamics and detail. Drew told me not to worry about it and he was right. With the subtle clean up the Black Dragons did to the T1's treble side there is actually more detail and realism to my ears now. AND the "bottoms" of the drums...Oh My God, closest thing to being behind the drum kit I've ever heard on headphones. Bass and drums are physically palpable. Mids and vocals are gorgeous. I have never felt more connected listening to music !! Thanks, Drew !!!

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #239 of 328
I have a 6ft Blue Dragon V2 cable that I originally got with for my K702 a couple years ago. The original K702 is gone and it is now used exclusively on my K702 65th Anniversary Edition. I've been very happy with it for this entire time, but recently the audio started to cut in and out. I can jiggle the connecting end to the headphones and you can hear the audio pop in and out. I tried the cable with a started K702 and Q701 and encountered the same problem. I then put the original stock cable back onto all of those cans and the problem went away. I'm pretty sure the problem is with the cable directly.

Has anyone else experienced this? I put a request in through the Moon Audio website to see if this is something that can be repaired, but the web server seems to crash on the "thank you for submitting" page, so I have no idea if my request is actually going through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back