Moon Audio Reviews
Oct 30, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #211 of 328
[size=14pt]I have a pair of RudiStor MD-1s that I absolutely love. However, the left driver [size=14pt]solder tab detached from the driver causing the left side to go in/out.  Being out of warranty, I did not know what to do. Well, I sent the MD-1s to Drew having worked with him a previously.[/size][/size]

[size=14pt]Drew worked with me to ID the problem, and order a pair of matched drivers from RudiStor delivered right to Cary, NC.  Drew installed the new matched pair, re-wired to accommodate his detachable connector and shipped them back - all upon return from RMAF!.  The repair work was exceptional and the MD-1 with Silver Dragon V3 cable using the detachable connector sound spectacular.  Kudos to Drew. [/size]

Nov 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #212 of 328
I had been hunting around for a sub-$1000 SPDIF DAC/amp for some time. It was dizzying, there are a ton of options now. I had settled on a desktop model, thinking a portable would never cut it. I was ready to pull the trigger. I came across Moon Audio, and figured I'd get a second opinion. Drew read through my needs (basically, I need to drive both my JH-13's and my Senn 650's) and he recommended the iQube V3. He responded quickly to my followup emails, and two days later, I made the purchase. Shipping was fast, and the iQube itself is beautiful. In all my research, I hadn't even come across the iQube before - which is a shame because it sounds FANtasic. To read my impressions of it, search for "iqube v3 appreciation". As for Moon Audio, they'll be my go-to vendor in the future. Fast, reliable, attentive.

Feb 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #214 of 328
As a small, family run business, one would expect Drew Baird to focus his time on the sale of his high end products. Yet, when I emailed Drew asking for his ideas on how to connect my Solo to a JH3a which I had on order, took the time to send me 3 emails explaining how to do this. He recommended a $65 cable. I then asked that he ship the cable to JHA so I could consolidate my purchases into one shipment. Again, no problem and sent quickly so there was no delay in my shipment. This is my second buying experience with Drew. He will get my first look anytime I am looking to buy an audio product.

Mar 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #215 of 328
I was positively gobsmacked. Running the boxcutter through tape on the box, I eagerly open and discover two well crafted Silver Dragon cables  and a CLAS-dB. I placed my order the day before. In less than 24 hours, my package was at my house. This is unheralded service. Thank you Drew & Co. I will have this device at the April 20th Head-Fi meet in Winston-Salem, NC along with your cables. I will be singing your praises.

Kind Regards,
Mike Waite

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #216 of 328
My experience with Drew is that he knows it is important to us and gets things out quickly.  My last purchase made late in the afternoon, went out the next morning.  Nice to see the commitment to the customer.

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #217 of 328
While my experience with drew has been nothing short of excellent, lately he's been most unusually absent in his response over e-mail regarding my order. Does anyone know if he might be otherwise engaged at a hifi show or something?

^ Basically asking where Drew might be. Got an e-mail from him and the post below from the guys/gals at MA. Great service.

Aug 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #218 of 328
Drew has been at the California Audio Show 2013 in San Francisco since last week.  Please be patient with him and us as we are trying very hard to catch up on our emails.  Our engineers and assistants are in the office shipping today. Email nichole@moon-audio.com if you have an issue with an order and I will see if I can help.

[size=small] Thank You.[/size]
[size=small] Nichole Baird 
Moon Audio 

140 Iowa Lane
Suite 204
Cary, NC 27511 
919-649-5018 
nichole@moon-audio.com

[/size]
[size=small] http://www.moon-audio.com[/size]
[size=small] 
HeadFiLogoSignature.jpg
[/size]
[size=small] Follow us Today![/size]
[size=small] [size=medium][/size][/size]

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Aug 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #219 of 328
Quote:
Drew has been at the California Audio Show 2013 in San Francisco since last week.  Please be patient with him and us as we are trying very hard to catch up on our emails.  Our engineers and assistants are in the office shipping today. Email nichole@moon-audio.com if you have an issue with an order and I will see if I can help.

[size=small] Thank You.[/size]
[size=small] Nichole Baird 
Moon Audio 

140 Iowa Lane
Suite 204
Cary, NC 27511 
919-649-5018 
nichole@moon-audio.com

[/size]
[size=small] http://www.moon-audio.com[/size]
[size=small] 
HeadFiLogoSignature.jpg
[/size]
[size=small] Follow us Today![/size]
[size=small] [size=medium][/size][/size]

My apologies. He DID get back to me that he's there and that he'll get back to me as soon as he returns.  Sorry I hadn't posted here sooner.

Thanks

C

Aug 13, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #220 of 328
I just received my order today... Wow...

Amazing service and product quality !!!
It all started 10 days ago. I just got myself a pair of custom IEM, Heir 4A to be specific. i wanted to upgrade the cable and after some time reading reviews I shortlisted a few names based on the positive review and the customizable connectors. So on Friday, I sent a few emails.

I almost got an immediate response from Drew. He has been very helpful and recommended great options, offering to customize extension cables that were not proposed on the website.

Next Monday, I ordered my Black Dragon IEM cables and extension cables. Wednesday, I received a UPS alert on my mailbox... My order was on the way. Today, on my desk in Singapore.

The cables look and feel solid. The workmanship is superb.

Eventually why I chose Moon Audio over others that I contacted (I won't name them):
1) fast response from Drew
2) the recommendation was in line with my need. No push for the top of line, the more expensive product...
3) extensive customization options
4) reasonably priced

So... Strongly recommended. Fantastic experience, you won't regret it... Thanks again Drew !

Aug 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #221 of 328
In my dealings with Drew and Moon Audio I have never been anything but pleased. I have purchased headphones, headphone cables,interconnects,had re-terminations done and had extensions made. Each transaction was done in a timely way with great workmanship and at a fair price. You can't go wrong with Moon Audio......

Sep 12, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #222 of 328
Moon Audio reterminated my HE60s and I also bought some cables from him and a Wadia 121 DAC.

Service was great; Drew was very responsive to my specific requests, and I received the modified headphones with my new DAC and cables less than a week door to door.

Most importantly, my new rig sounds absolutely fantastic. I almost definitely will buy from Drew / have him do some type of mods in the future - as I was very happy with my dealings with Moon audio

Oct 19, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #223 of 328
I've done business with Drew 3-4 times in the last 15 years and it has always been the same: good equipment, good communication, no ******** and the deal is done.What more could you ask for.

This time?  Sennheiser HD800 cans + special v2 cable.  

Nov 4, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #224 of 328
Wow, what a great experience.  I ordered a V3 cable and it was shipped the next day.  I explained to Drew what I was hoping to accomplish and the cable he suggested did exactly what I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back