Moon Audio Hiring Front End Engineer
Jul 26, 2016 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

[size=20.007px]Front End Engineer[/size]

Moon-Audio.com makes even the best headphones in the world, cans from Sennheiser, Shure, and Audeze, sound better. Our Dragon audio cables are used by bands and artists you know, listen to and follow.

More than a thousand customers a day visit Moon-Audio.com looking for cool audio gear, advice and ways to move a little closer to the music they love. If you love music, are a gifted designer, and want to help those who love music connect with the artists who make it we need your help.

We must do something we've NEVER done.

In our 13 year history, we've had one graphic designer. As our designer goes back to college and as our company continues to rapidly grow, we have a unique opportunity for a front end engineer / designer and leader.

Moon-Audio.com's team of 5 music lovers is changing the way customers and the world listen to music. 30% of our sales come from music lovers in Japan, China, Germany, India, Australia and many other countries. Drew's Dragon audio cables are literally talked about around the world.

We want Moon-Audio.com to be "talked about around the world" too, but we need help to achieve our goals.

TEAM is how we will accomplish our lofty, exciting and world altering goals. If you are a talented designer who loves music and wants what you do for a living and your life to align more closely let's talk about your future and ours.

We value greatness over static knowledge, but here are a few areas of expertise it will be helpful to know or be able to learn quickly as Moon-Audio.com continues to grow:

1. Music Lover
  3. Skilled draftsman (drawing and doing so digitally is a big plus)
  5. CSS and Java and the ability to do so within Magento's Content Management System (CMS)
  7. SEO - we have experts and have learned a lot about SEO, but our designer is where our content SEO lies so if you don't know SEO we will teach you. If you can teach us, great.
  9. Left-brained creative - so much of web design is spatial reasoning so seeing, "coding", drawing and helping us to realize what we see is a big part of our FEE position.
  11. Right-brained quant - you don't have to know how to use SAS or R, but much of web marketing is MATH these days so knowing how to look at Google analytics is a big plus.
  13. Do-the-Right-Thing - Moon-Audio.com is a startup based on the vision of an engineer (Drew Baird) and his Chief Operating Officer and Chief Marketing Officer partner.

We work based on core VALUES you can find on our About Us page - we are "all in" and look for team members willing to stand with us as we help our customers, support the music we all love so much, and change how, where and why people listen.

If you are looking for an adventure, we have one. If you have the talent to become a lead designer, we need one. If you love music, so do we.

If you fit all or most of our Front End Engineer "ideas" we would love to meet and talk about how music goes to the moon, our vision and your goals, aspirations, and excitement. Don't let 13 years go by before we've had a chance to get to know you, share what we do and learn about each other.

https://www.moon-audio.com/careers

Send resume and cover letter to careers(at)moon-audio.com

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jul 27, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 10
Java, frontend? 
blink.gif

I mean, I'm a frontend developer and Java is what our backenders are working with.

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #4 of 10
  Java, frontend? 
blink.gif

I mean, I'm a frontend developer and Java is what our backenders are working with.

I'm sure they mean Javascript. Not unheard of for non-devs to not realize they aren't related. If you're very good with JS (especially if you've used something like Angular or some such framework in a MVC setup) you could pick up Java pretty quickly. But I doubt their front-end devs are doing much Java. That would be weird. Unless it's actually a full stack, but I doubt you need a full stack dev for a CMS based storefront. 

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 10

I'm sure they mean Javascript. Not unheard of for non-devs to not realize they aren't related. If you're very good with JS (especially if you've used something like Angular or some such framework in a MVC setup) you could pick up Java pretty quickly. But I doubt their front-end devs are doing much Java. That would be weird. Unless it's actually a full stack, but I doubt you need a full stack dev for a CMS based storefront. 

This is correct. Magneto is a PHP platform, not JAVA. Since it was mentioned with CSS, it's safe to assume Moon meant "javascript". I would also recommend Moon to ask for Magneto Front End developer certification.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #6 of 10
Hey Moon Audio

from my experience it would be much better to hire someone as a good freelancer that does the ui/ux, re-branding if wanted (you should) and the design. FE engineers are good to do what you tell them to, but graphics/creativity/beautiful and useful designs is not their strongest part. Let the designer do what they do best, and the engineer do what they do best, and together they are great.

Jul 28, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #7 of 10
Hi Moon Audio,
I am a freelance designer expert in branding, UI & UX. I usually do the research and the design and work with engineer does the programming. Design is a big part of communication, its better separate thous parts in order to do each one the best. here is my website : www.revitalkedmi.com , their you can see my works and clients. 
Good luck,
Revital

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #9 of 10

This is correct. Magneto is a PHP platform, not JAVA. Since it was mentioned with CSS, it's safe to assume Moon meant "javascript". I would also recommend Moon to ask for Magneto Front End developer certification.

Eh, I wouldn't get caught up in certifications. I was contracted for a company working mainly on a couple small content management systems a while back. They asked me to take a look at a DotNetNuke issue that their DNN dev couldn't figure out how to fix. I'd never seem the CMS and fixed it a couple minutes. If you've got experience across systems you can pick them up pretty quickly. I find that you end up disqualifying very talented individuals if you're caught up worrying about certifications. I'd say it would be a "nice to have" more than anything. 

I was half tempted to apply when I saw this, but I'm in a pretty cushy spot right now. :)

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #10 of 10
They likely meant Javascript, which still might not even be visible to the end-user

Users who are viewing this thread

Back