Moon Audio has a NEW Burson Conductor SL9018 Headphone Amplifier VALUED at $1550 to GIVE AWAY!!! ENTER on Facebook thru this link...
Oct 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #95 of 184
Hello, I am just starting out on my Head-Fi journey.  After reading a massive amount of information here on Head-Fi.org, I decided on the Sennheiser HD 558 and Schiit Modi / Magni combo.  All the positive reviews on the equipment were echoed time after time and for an entry level enthusiast, I too am very impressed.  I hope to get some more impressive gear someday, but we all have to start out somewhere.  I have a wish list a mile long though!

Oct 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #97 of 184

Colorfly C4 DAP => Centrance Reserve Series RCA to Stereo 1/4" => Mapletree Audio Designs Ear 4 Headphone Amp-Preamp => Nordost Blue Heaven Interconnects => Pioneer SX-650 => Zu Mobius II Headphone Cable => AKG Q701

regards
jeff

Oct 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #100 of 184
J.River 18 > ODAC > O2 > Modded SR225i (Vented, sock mod, woody, padded cloth headband to match the wood)

All you need is a new cable and you win the World's Most Heavily-Modded Grado award 
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #101 of 184
  All you need is a new cable and you win the World's Most Heavily-Modded Grado award 
biggrin.gif

I would if they weren't so expensive. All these mods were simply an answer to "I really want an upgrade, but I can't afford one . . . so now what?" I did the woodies myself, the sock and venting obviously cost nothing if you already have the fuzzy sock, and the headband was made by my wife. I also spent about 5 hours EQing the headphones to a closer-to-flat response following one of the very detailed threads here on the subject. All-in-all I have a great pair of cans, although I still want to upgrade
confused_face.gif
. I'm looking forward to RMAF where I can test out all the possibilities.

Oct 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #102 of 184
I'll add my terrible cell phone pics to this...still waiting on my CEntrance DACmini to show up, but I enjoy my gear now, a Burson amp could only help.  I actually considered the Burson Conductor before I decided on my DACmini, so I would love to compare the two amps.  I really need to figure out a headphone stand for my HD700's though...

Portable
Shure SE846 | Shure SE425 | Logitech UE900 | Etymotic ER-4P
RSA Shadow | Fiio E11
Sony Walkman F | Samsung Galaxy 4.2
Forza Audioworks Hybrid LOD & IEM cables

Desktop
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 line out (40% flac, 40% 320k mp3, 10% garbage)
Sennheiser HD700 (Using my Fiio E11 to power these until the DACmini shows up)
Audioengine A5+ powered monitors | REL T-Zero 6.5" sub
Audioquest cables (Golden Gate & Forest series) | IsoAcoustics isolators/monitor risers

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #103 of 184

Sure, I'll join the fray... in the photo, you'll see:

* HE-500 + Burson Soloist + HRT Musicstreamer II+
* HD650 + Bottlehead Crack+Speedball + HRT Musicstreamer II
* UERM
* Audioengine A2 speakers
* Non-functioning but adorable "headphones" my kid made for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back