Montreal mini-meet: SUNDAY, MARCH 16 2008
Feb 27, 2008 at 6:13 AM Post #31 of 184
Awesome DanT, I think you can send the PM's, you have the finger on the trigger anyway haha.

Good idea on the sig, I might do that myself.

I can also confirm that I'll be there unless major last minute commitment elsewhere.

Feb 27, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #32 of 184
Damn you all, I'm still living in Toronto. I have got to get out of this place and move to Montreal already!
frown.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #35 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If enough people can confirm their appearance, I can make the reservations for us.

This is the place Laurent's talking about :

Centre Communautaire Ahuntsic
10780 rue Laverdure
Montreal, QC
Canada
H3L 2L9

Tel. : (514) 382-9090

2000th post.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Any info on where this is in terms of public transport? And if we are going for it?

I do not believe I can attend. But I will see. Unfortunately I have relatives coming in that date. BUt I'll have to see at what time. All I have to offer is an HF-1, so..... I'm sure everyone won't miss much.

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #39 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can take the subway and get out at Henri-Bourrassa station.

Subway.... we have one of those in Montreal?

tongue.gif

But HB is cool. Actually nice, I can take bus and just get off before. Perfect...

But I'll have to still see if I can mak it at all.
redface.gif

We should make this routine since it seems we have enough people. I'd love having it say the 2nd Sunday of every month.

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:19 AM Post #40 of 184
Cool, lots of interested folks. I've updated the list.

Quote:

Lol ok folks I'll call tomorrow. I'll give you some news tomorrow, unless I totally forget.

Thanks for that Laurent. If you change your mind and don't have time, I can make the call, I had my last exam tonight and I don't have school until March 7 so I have a lot of free time.
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #42 of 184
I just called 5 min. ago.

They are closed the sunday, so the 16th of march will not work. Could have reserved the 15th but it was taken. The 22th is the weekend of Pâques (Easter). I cannot organise the meet the 29th because I'm going to Toronto to pick up some Melos MAT-1000. The 5th of April is the FSI, there's no way I'll miss that, and then we can do it the 12th of april.

So Saturday the 12th of april could work, but I'll be at Chicoutimi, so it'll be hard for me to be there, but I think I can do it. I'll need some other people to help me out with the organisation. I don't want to organise something if only 5 people will come by the way.

It'll cost 100$CAN to take the place at the Centre Communautaire Ahunsic. We'll have to split the fees.

Give me some feedback.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #43 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryminator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just called 5 min. ago.

They are closed the sunday, so the 16th of march will not work. Could have reserved the 15th but it was taken. The 22th is the weekend of Pâques (Easter). I cannot organise the meet the 29th because I'm going to Toronto to pick up some Melos MAT-1000. The 5th of April is the FSI, there's no way I'll miss that, and then we can do it the 12th of april.

So Saturday the 12th of april could work, but I'll be at Chicoutimi, so it'll be hard for me to be there, but I think I can do it. I'll need some other people to help me out with the organisation. I don't want to organise something if only 5 people will come by the way.

It'll cost 100$CAN to take the place at the Centre Communautaire Ahunsic. We'll have to split the fees.

Give me some feedback.

I'll do some work tomorrow to find another place for March 16. It's more simple to do that than to change the time because we know a lot of people can make it on the 16th.

It's funny because I work in a Centre Communautaire on weekends and we could have it for pretty cheap, but it's in St-Bruno, so I doubt people would like it...

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #44 of 184
OK, I just called the Centre de loisirs St-Denis, located on 5115, rue Rivard and they would have some place on the 16th during the afternoon. They have a website and the location is very easy to access for everyone (it's on the Plateau). The guy quoted me 16,50$/hour for 10-persons room and asked me to write exactly what I want by email. I'll ask for a room a little bigger because I realized we'll need some place for equipment and I'll ask for a couple of tables also.

Let me know what you think guys.

Mar 3, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #45 of 184
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I just called the Centre de loisirs St-Denis, located on 5115, rue Rivard and they would have some place on the 16th during the afternoon. They have a website and the location is very easy to access for everyone (it's on the Plateau). The guy quoted me 16,50$/hour for 10-persons room and asked me to write exactly what I want by email. I'll ask for a room a little bigger because I realized we'll need some place for equipment and I'll ask for a couple of tables also.

Let me know what you think guys.

Only an afternoon? I think that's not enough since just to install everything, it'll take 1 hour, to pack up everything at the end, also about 1 hour. I think we need a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back