Montreal meet, september 4th photos
Mar 7, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #16 of 36
I've been told that Jack Woo will be at the SSI this year ! Looking forward to meet him and listen to his gear. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #17 of 36
Omg for real? Damn! I have to be there then!

I have seen this guy everywhere in pictures I want his autograph! and I find his product quite intricate, and I want to know more about his business, and his life into audiophily. He has guts to come here, I like that.

May 5, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #23 of 36
Yeah I would inquire to have one also! I have so many Grados to show off with, lol. That's I'd like you to hear***

Aha. And I'd be interested in hearing them!
I'm trying to get into the Grado sound myself. I went and auditioned a pair of sr325is and ordered a pair of nice goldies (sr325i) off ebay.
I also have my Beyer T5p to let people try.

May 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #24 of 36
Quote:
Aha. And I'd be interested in hearing them!
I'm trying to get into the Grado sound myself. I went and auditioned a pair of sr325is and ordered a pair of nice goldies (sr325i) off ebay.
I also have my Beyer T5p to let people try.

I noticed your want to buy thread, I love the look of the goldies. They are the second serious headphone I bought (and second Grado) off Head-Fi... and I will always keep them preciously :p.

If I hadn't recently moved away from Montréal I would have told you to stop by my room at the University of Montréal, if you plan to make some serious Grado purchase, because I have many of these to hear and compare.

Headphones but not much else Amps and DACs-wise, lol.

There actually used to be a lot more Head-Fi action in Montréal, grr, now it's dead.

May 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #25 of 36
I noticed your want to buy thread, I love the look of the goldies. They are the second serious headphone I bought (and second Grado) off Head-Fi... and I will always keep them preciously :p.

If I hadn't recently moved away from Montréal I would have told you to stop by my room at the University of Montréal, if you plan to make some serious Grado purchase, because I have many of these to hear and compare.

Headphones but not much else Amps and DACs-wise, lol.

There actually used to be a lot more Head-Fi action in Montréal, grr, now it's dead.

I know =( I joined in too late but I was too young before to know good quality, too immature.
Luckily just about every serious audio shop seems to carry grados so it's not hard to audition them. I think up until the rs1i or the ps500, just about every shop has them. You only really start getting into problems with auditioning when you want to go higher. Unfortunately just like every other pair of cans, the prices are insane here.

May 7, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #26 of 36
Quote:
I know =( I joined in too late but I was too young before to know good quality, too immature.
Luckily just about every serious audio shop seems to carry grados so it's not hard to audition them. I think up until the rs1i or the ps500, just about every shop has them. You only really start getting into problems with auditioning when you want to go higher. Unfortunately just like every other pair of cans, the prices are insane here.

You really need to use Head-Fi For Sale forums :p, I jumped into the roof when I got a RS1 for 550$.

To me used or brand new, as far as Grado headphone goes, doesn't make any difference.

And since I was appealed by the HP-1000 since the very beginning, I knew the direction to take when digging with my shovel.

I did reached all my goals, at some scary costs.

Never visited any of the Coup de Foudre, Audioclub, and high-end audio shops, hi-fi store, in Montréal yet, actually. But I wish to do... definitely want to listen to ALL OF THEIR HEADPHONES, LOL.

Sad thing I'm located at a 5.5 driving hours away from Montréal town for the summer. Absolutely no high-end headphones where I live. They simply are non-existent, lol. Never seen a Grado, and even Beats are not common (headphones are yet to be "trendified"), lol.

OH yeah and Grado strictly imposed MSRP to the Canadian retailers are simply ruthless, I quickly crossed that option of my list... 900 CAD + taxes for a RS1 (it's 1k dollars), 450 + taxes for a SR325is. I prefer to get rid an owner of a headphone he doesn't want anymore.

May 7, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #27 of 36
You really need to use Head-Fi For Sale forums :p, I jumped into the roof when I got a RS1 for 550$.

To me used or brand new, as far as Grado headphone goes, doesn't make any difference.

And since I was appealed by the HP-1000 since the very beginning, I knew the direction to take when digging with my shovel.

I did reached all my goals, at some scary costs.

Never visited any of the Coup de Foudre, Audioclub, and high-end audio shops, hi-fi store, in Montréal yet, actually. But I wish to do... definitely want to listen to ALL OF THEIR HEADPHONES, LOL.

Sad thing I'm located at a 5.5 driving hours away from Montréal town for the summer. Absolutely no high-end headphones where I live. They simply are non-existent, lol. Never seen a Grado, and even Beats are not common (headphones are yet to be "trendified"), lol. Alma is too much a slow paced place... we don't have a Futureshop or any electronics store. The people who got an iPod from Wal Mart uses the stock Earbuds most of the time.

OH yeah and Grado strictly imposed MSRP to the Canadian retailers are simply ruthless, I quickly crossed that option of my list... 900 CAD + taxes for a RS1 (it's 1k dollars), 450 + taxes for a SR325is. I prefer to get rid an owner of a headphone he doesn't want anymore.

I do use the fs forums =S
I'd never pay msrp+tax on headphones when just over the border the same brand new pair is like 30% off msrp with no taxes.
I bought my sr325i from ebay US...
275 included shipping, I got a cmoy amp, the grado 1/4 to 1/8 and the limited edition headphones themselves when I would have spent 390 tax in for a pair of sr325is in a store (I had to haggle down to 340+tax and that was the lowest the store owner would go).
Though, I bought the beyer t5p brand new in the US for 950 tax and shipping included from a dealer. At a certain point I prefer getting them new just so I worry less about potential problems.

May 7, 2012 at 7:56 PM Post #28 of 36
Quote:
I do use the fs forums =S
I'd never pay msrp+tax on headphones when just over the border the same brand new pair is like 30% off msrp with no taxes.
I bought my sr325i from ebay US...
275 included shipping, I got a cmoy amp, the grado 1/4 to 1/8 and the limited edition headphones themselves when I would have spent 390 tax in for a pair of sr325is in a store (I had to haggle down to 340+tax and that was the lowest the store owner would go).
Though, I bought the beyer t5p brand new in the US for 950 tax and shipping included from a dealer. At a certain point I prefer getting them new just so I worry less about potential problems.

When you're not buying a discontinued headphone it's always fun to get the thing completely new also!

I just bought a Kotori 201 myself, which are color customizable, I would have never bought these used. It's one of the only two headphones I've bought new really, this and a KSC75, since I'm on Head-Fi.

May 7, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #29 of 36
When you're not buying a discontinued headphone it's always fun to get the thing completely new also!

I just bought a Kotori 201 myself, which are color customizable, I would have never bought these used. It's one of the only two headphones I've bought new really, this and a KSC75, since I'm on Head-Fi.

Well unfortunately for the SR325i I was on a tight budget =( The ebay price was 250+shipping for the sr325i, barely used, with warranty until june 1st, 2014, a cmoy amp and the grado 1/4 to 1/8 plug which is less than a brand new sr325is.
The Beyer T5p I bought brand new. Something that high end, I wouldn't want to risk any problems with a used one.

May 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:
Well unfortunately for the SR325i I was on a tight budget =( The ebay price was 250+shipping for the sr325i, barely used, with warranty until june 1st, 2014, a cmoy amp and the grado 1/4 to 1/8 plug which is less than a brand new sr325is.
The Beyer T5p I bought brand new. Something that high end, I wouldn't want to risk any problems with a used one.

Lol come on, even used... they cost much (and are high end) because they are durable :p... plus no one really fiddle inside or modify their high-end cans, so you can't really have a bad surprise.

If the gold lettering is still fully there I think it was really worth it! cMoy also cost about 30-50 so it's good for you, those portable amps does the job well enough I think.

Grado will always repair their headphone, it will cost you like 25 dollars, even out of warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back