Montreal meet, september 4th photos
Sep 6, 2011 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Kloug

Head-Fier
There was supposed to be 10+ people at this meet, but it ended with only four at its climax, and ultimately two for the whole meet (Papomaster and Kloug).

Anyway, here's some photos.

The Official Entrance!

The Room

Kloug's many headphones

Papomaster's setup

Papomaster's setup

Papomaster's Antique Sound Lab amplifier

Papomaster's delightful Audez'e LCD-2!

Oct 24, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #4 of 36
I'll be vising Montreal in early November (from an island populated by moose and ibuds) and can bring some pretty nice headphones if anyone wants to get together 
biggrin.gif
  My amps and dacs will have to stay at home tho.  I can supply RS-1, Edition 8, SE530 and a, um, udac.  And a hotel room, beer and potato chips.  Et je parle français comme un chien ivre si cela fait une différence.

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 36

Quote:
There was supposed to be 10+ people at this meet, but it ended with only four at its climax, and ultimately two for the whole meet (Papomaster and Kloug).

Anyway, here's some photos.

The Official Entrance!

The Room

Kloug's many headphones

Papomaster's setup

Papomaster's setup

Papomaster's Antique Sound Lab amplifier

Papomaster's delightful Audez'e LCD-2!

How depressing - where are all the Montreal audiophiles and Head-Fiers???

Dec 31, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #7 of 36
For the last few years, Montreal Head-Fiers have had a meet at the Salon Son et Image in late March at the Place Bonaventure. In fact, I just got an E-mail from the show, informing me that the show is coming up!

Papomaster has been organising the meet and display, though after the last meet (this thread's), he noted that he might not wish to organise another meet. I can't blame him, as I said I'd be there and wasn't (and I have a pitiful excuse).

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #8 of 36
I have heard all the stuff and my choice is done and I am glad with it. I guess it's the case for most people and no new head-fier ...
If someone want to hear specific setup, it's easier to simply send a PM to the owner for a private session.

Jan 9, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #9 of 36
I have heard all the stuff and my choice is done and I am glad with it. I guess it's the case for most people and no new head-fier ...
If someone want to hear specific setup, it's easier to simply send a PM to the owner for a private session.

While hearing all the setups is a big portion of the experience, it's still nice to meet people, discuss, etc.

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #11 of 36
As I'm new to the audio scene, it would be great to have another meet.
I have a ton of questions to ask but I find it somewhat hard to understand via the internet.

Do meetings like these require you to bring your own gear (I really have none) and be an audio guru? I'm a real NEWB to this.
:)

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #12 of 36
As I'm new to the audio scene, it would be great to have another meet.
I have a ton of questions to ask but I find it somewhat hard to understand via the internet.

Do meetings like these require you to bring your own gear (I really have none) and be an audio guru? I'm a real NEWB to this.
:)

Ehe, I hope not xD
I sold all my gear in the hopes of nabbing myself an Edition 8 but I don't know when that will happen.
And I was also hoping to bring a couple of friends who think I'm crazy because I'm looking at expensive headphones.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #13 of 36
Don't miss the SSI show the 23-25 mars 2012. They should have stands with headphones again this year. I discover headphone at SSI show many years ago. I heard 3 stax system and HD600 headphone and was the begginning of the tales for me.
Something easy to organize ... is ask for people to go lunch together after the show.
What I learn, not all gear play good together.
Not all headphone are good performer for all kind of music.
My final setup is not the most expansive gear I owned in the past.
The goal is to have pleasure to listen the music we like.

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #14 of 36

Quote:
Don't miss the SSI show the 23-25 mars 2012. They should have stands with headphones again this year. I discover headphone at SSI show many years ago. I heard 3 stax system and HD600 headphone and was the begginning of the tales for me.
Something easy to organize ... is ask for people to go lunch together after the show.
What I learn, not all gear play good together.
Not all headphone are good performer for all kind of music.
My final setup is not the most expansive gear I owned in the past.
The goal is to have pleasure to listen the music we like.

I'll be there !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back