Monster Turbines vs Turbine Pro
Dec 17, 2011 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Shozzking

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,
I'm looking to upgrade from my current set of earbuds (Skullcandy 50/50), I've narrowed it down to either the Monster Turbines or the Turbine Pro's. I mainly listen to electronic music (dubstep, DnB and electrohouse so I want something with nice bass but not overpowering. Would these be good choices for my music? I work at Best Buy Canada so I get just over 50% off of either one of them (making the Turbines $80 and the Pros $150), which one would be a better choice?

Dec 17, 2011 at 5:41 AM Post #2 of 16
All I listen to is EDM and I can tell you that the UE TF10's will be a lot better than any Monster IEM's and you can get them for around the same price.  If your dead set on the Monsters because you get a discount on them I'd go with the Pro's but Best Buy sells some Ultimate Ears like the 700 which is one step down from the TF10's.

Dec 17, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #3 of 16
Oh god there's always one person...
rolleyes.gif

I'd go with the Pros if only for the lifetime warranty. The TF10s are great for electronic music, no doubt about, but the Monsters are too.

Dec 17, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #5 of 16
I know I'm a TF10 fan boy but they're just that good to me and many others.  I have 3 other $125 and up IEM's but none are as good as the TF10's imo.

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #6 of 16
With those two choices in mind, i would go with the Pro, are they the pro coppers or pro golds ? I have the coppers and am enjoying them very much, i have heard ppl say the golds are more bassy than the coppers, something u may consider. i think coppers bass is the perfect amount, i can't imagine anymore bass unless u r a basshead, i have the xears tdIII and those were too much bass, i gave them away. The coppers bass may not be as quick as the TF10, but to me, they are more enjoyable, coppers bass is more weighty and full bodied. Also, I believe with both turbine pro versions, u get the lifetime warranty and a bunch of ear tips.

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #7 of 16
Yeah TF10s are great for electronics. I have heard both regular turbines and pro and the treble wasn't bright or detailed enough and bass kind of overpowered them. IMHO TF10s are amazing for 2 types of music and one of them just happened to be trance/electronic/house/dance. The other being heavy metal/rock; for other genres i'd take the MTP over the TF10s. 

Dec 17, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 16
I ended up getting a set of turbine pro golds, I'm amazed as to how much came with them in the box. I've noticed that they have barely any bass when I tried them out, will they get better when I break them in? And whats the best way to break them in, I'm just playing music on them right now.

+rep to everyone that helped me.

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #9 of 16
If they "barely have any bass" something's wrong. Most likely you don't have a proper seal of the ear canal, because the Turbine Golds are one of the bassiest high-end IEMs out there.

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 16
They should have a LOT of bass right out of the box, at least mine did. What tips are you using? They are super sensitive to insertion depth and you will need to find a sweet spot with the right tip otherwise SQ will decrease significantly and soundstage will completely collapse

Dec 17, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #11 of 16
yea, sounds like u are not getting a proper seal, spend a good amount of time with all the tips to find the sweet spot. You probably will have better luck with the foamies and silicone tips they provide. I tried getting myself adjusted to the triple flange and gel filled silicone but i could never quite get an easy seal with those as they seem to be made for ppl with very large ear canals. Once you get that seal, you will kno, it will be like listening to music for the first time.

Dec 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
I ended up getting a set of turbine pro golds, I'm amazed as to how much came with them in the box. I've noticed that they have barely any bass when I tried them out, will they get better when I break them in? And whats the best way to break them in, I'm just playing music on them right now.

+rep to everyone that helped me.

You'll need to have a good seal with them to hear the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back