Monster Turbine vs Klipsch Image S4
Oct 7, 2009 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

ductrung3993

500+ Head-Fier
Hi there!
I'm a total noob that's looking for a ~ $100 pair of IEM my top choices are the Klispsch and the Monster. Can you please compare them for me in categories like sound quality, comfort and isolation?

And about me, I pretty much listen to anything that's ok but I think its mainly pop and rock. I have all listened to the stock headphones so far and decide to make a change. I recently try my friend's V-moda sport series and from what I heard, its best part is the bass, which's plentiful but not quite detailed why treble and mids are just ok, nothing special and generally said, in my taste I think this pair's kinda warm sounding.

Can you nail down these 2 pairs for me or give me any other suggestions? Thanks in advance and happy listening
L3000.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 43
Don't know much about those two, but look at the RE0 from head direct as well.

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_dong146 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't know much about those two, but look at the RE0 from head direct as well.

Yeah, I have looked at some thread that compare the S4 and the RE0 and for me the S4 is the winner so next I'll pit it against the Turbine which I think'd be the final comparison
darthsmile.gif

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 43
Based on reviews of the Klipsch it sounds like there is an issue with the bass. however i have the Turbines, and i can tell you that NO IEphones can compare at the price. they are simply the best.
They plays every genre of music perfectly - good allrounders! AND great bass :p

Isolation could have been better, but still they do a pretty good job. The comfort is also top quality, but depends on your ears.

Overall, the Turbines can match phones twice their price!

Oct 11, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #6 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Based on reviews of the Klipsch it sounds like there is an issue with the bass. however i have the Turbines, and i can tell you that NO IEphones can compare at the price. they are simply the best.

what reviews? i see a ton of new posters going on about the S4 and asking if it compares to this and that but i cant say ive read anything that makes me think them any thing special. actually when asked by someone directly to klipsch how they compared to the custom 2 the response was

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Custom 2, which started as a $200 headphone, is more revealing, so if there are any flaws in your mp3s, it will be very noticeable with these. They are also an over the ear design, and some have had difficulty achieving a good fit with them. If you are used to this style, it won't be an issue.

The S4s are simpler to use, and less "picky" about the source, but still sound excellent. I'd recommending reading some reviews on both to see what is right for you.

Have that helps!

now to me that reads as the the custom 2 are better

Oct 12, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #7 of 43
Quote:

Isolation could have been better, but still they do a pretty good job. The comfort is also top quality, but depends on your ears.

Overall, the Turbines can match phones twice their price!

So the trebles and mids are also quite good right
o2smile.gif
And btw, from what I have heard, the C2 has more details while the S4 has more bass
wink.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM Post #8 of 43
Quote:

Based on reviews of the Klipsch it sounds like there is an issue with the bass. however i have the Turbines, and i can tell you that NO IEphones can compare at the price in my opinion. they are simply the best in my opinion.

Overall, the Turbines can match phones twice their price! All in my opinion

You realize audio is subjective right?

Fixed it for you!
icon10.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #9 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Blood_Raven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You realize audio is subjective right?

Fixed it for you!
icon10.gif

Haha its like a rule here, everyone has to know that without the people saying that
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #11 of 43
If you live in the States you can go to Best Buy and purchase both and just return the one you enjoy least. I purchased my s4's from their the other day and made sure to inquire about the return policy on headphones which is 30 days and no restocking fee. If you do this please posts a comparison
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #12 of 43
I've heard both the S4's and turbines. S4's have the superior SQ imho. Much more treble sparkle & better mid-range than the turbines. They also are more comfortable. The cable on the turbines looks a bit more durable, but my Turbine cable actually arrived defective, so that may not be the case. For the price, the S4's are great, and my current iem of choice.

Comparing them to the Custom 2's, I would say the S4's are superior. Of course Klipsch would claim the C2's sound better since they are (used to be) more expensive & Klipsch needs to pay the bills, but in my opinion, the only real advantage the C2's have over the S4's is that the C2's are a bit more controlled. However, they also have that god-awful cable and are much more bland than the S4's. S4 has better bass & treble, and none of the horrid microphonics that the cloth wire had w/ the Custom line.

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #13 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard both the S4's and turbines. S4's have the superior SQ imho. Much more treble sparkle & better mid-range than the turbines. They also are more comfortable. The cable on the turbines looks a bit more durable, but my Turbine cable actually arrived defective, so that may not be the case. For the price, the S4's are great, and my current iem of choice.

Comparing them to the Custom 2's, I would say the S4's are superior. Of course Klipsch would claim the C2's sound better since they are (used to be) more expensive & Klipsch needs to pay the bills, but in my opinion, the only real advantage the C2's have over the S4's is that the C2's are a bit more controlled. However, they also have that god-awful cable and are much more bland than the S4's. S4 has better bass & treble, and none of the horrid microphonics that the cloth wire had w/ the Custom line.

Were both of them burned in?

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #14 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ductrung3993 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were both of them burned in?

I'm assuming youre referring to the turbines & s4's? Since the cable on my Turbines arrived defective I didnt have adequite burn-in. Comparison is based on initial impressions (sorry I didnt specify). However, if the Turbines' treble can open up that much from burn-in compared to the out of box impression of the S4, I'd find it surprising.

Oct 12, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by jleewach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm assuming youre referring to the turbines & s4's? Since the cable on my Turbines arrived defective I didnt have adequite burn-in. Comparison is based on initial impressions (sorry I didnt specify). However, if the Turbines' treble can open up that much from burn-in compared to the out of box impression of the S4, I'd find it surprising.

Wow, so the treble gap in your opinion is that big?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back