Monster Turbine vs Etymotic HF5 vs IE7 - Help!
Jun 15, 2011 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

iOnlyEatMusic

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone!

Did some research here and there and I'm still stuck on which IEM I should get.

Currently owning a pair of Monster Studio's that I got for free, however, Overhead's are just not for me and I want to go back to IEM but I want the best I can get since I'm a huge music lover.

I'm stuck between the HF5, Monster Turbine, and the IE7's.

I can get them all for around the $100 mark but I'm stuck on which one I should choose.
They all seem to be great but people say bad things for each of them here and there.

I am someone who also likes noise isolation for IEM. I know the HF5 are the best for that but noise isolation is a second feature that I am looking for aside from the quality.

Type Of Music: (Main) Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B, Acoustic
                          (Non-Main) Some Techno (Daft Punk), and Some Light Rock (Linkin Park, etc)

Device Used to Listen To Music: iPhone/Computer

Audio: Regular MP3 Audio at 320kbps

Max Budget: $150

P.S: It would also be nice if people can recommend some ear buds that are great for my area of music.

Thanks everyone!

Jun 16, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #4 of 13
How is the sound quality compared to the other IEM I listed?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #5 of 13
The Etymotic HF5 and Sennheiser IE7 are supperior in term of sound quality than Turbine. If you want warm rich midrange sound with wide soundstage and deep punchy bass then Sennheiser IE7 are better pick. But if you want neutral high resolution detailed sound signature then HF5 are good choice.

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #8 of 13
Turbines are good for hard music (hard rock, hard core, etc).
SE215 are great for easy music (all genres of hip-hop, r'n'b, not hard rock, jazz, vocals).
Ety's are analitycal earphones (not good bass, but very detailed).
IE7 good, but they are not IE8.
Vsonic GR07 are great. Very big soundstage, great for all instrumental music, hard rock, etc.
Also not universal bass, not for electronic and hip-hop.

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #9 of 13
I only had the turbine pro and I thought it sounded pretty good, metal was nice, etc, but broke after a few months of use. (had the warranty, but didn't get around to sending it in) Heard that this happened to a lot of the turbine pro, I probably wouldn't buy them again, but they are nice if they don't break. (though a lot of these iem  I have purchased broke within a few months, may be it is the way I take care of them)

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
Are you able to wear the HF2s around the ear since it has the mic?
And does warranty come with HF2 if you buy from Amazon?

I've been able to wear every pair of headphones that has a mic over the ear...  I don't own the HF2s, but they should be able to be done the same way.

If you buy direct from Amazon (and not a third party dealer), it is covered by Etymotics 2 year warranty.

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:
Vsonic GR07 are great. Very big soundstage, great for all instrumental music, hard rock, etc.
Also not universal bass, not for electronic and hip-hop.

I disagree.  The GR07s are fantastic for rap...both with my Zune HD and my J3, they sound awesome and I listen to about 90% rap and about 10% rock.  Hit about as hard and as clear as any sub 160 dollar earphone I've tried (and I've tried just about everything under 200 bucks that specializes in the lowered end).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back