Monster Turbine Professional – Copper Review - With Burnin Discussion and tips
Jul 21, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #61 of 80

Quote:
I guess it depends on the price you bought it for. I have good impressions of the E3 and E4 which is supposed to be similar to the SE210 and SE310. I did buy them for $30 and $90 or so respectively compared to what they go for at MSRP. Also the E3 was more of a backup until my E4 returned to me after their infamous cable cracking issue and I never went back to shure after selling my E4 however and may never come back to them.

Yeah $30-$90 aint too bad considering the 110's went for $90-$100.  Although for $30-$50 I can think of many better alternatives, though I wasn't as educated on my choices as I am now.  Thx to all you crazies on this forum.  
beerchug.gif
 Honestly I'll take my Brainwavz M1 Eq'd over every Shure IEM below the 530.  

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #62 of 80
Now there are lots of alternative. This was 2 years ago so that might have had something to do with it. The amount of choices under $100 is pretty ridiculous now compared to when it was just ER6i or even when the NE7M came out as $50 and under king.

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #63 of 80
Absolutely true.  The IEM explosion is crazy.  I'll thank Apple for that even though Steve Jobs is still a douche. 

Jul 21, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #64 of 80
that's about when i got my 210s--2 years ago.

Quote:
Now there are lots of alternative. This was 2 years ago so that might have had something to do with it. The amount of choices under $100 is pretty ridiculous now compared to when it was just ER6i or even when the NE7M came out as $50 and under king.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #65 of 80
So...the open box price has just gone done from 250 to 209.  That makes me wonder whether they would accept less than the 250 they are currently offering me for new.  I don't know whether to let that expire and try again, or whether that would just screw things up.

On a separate note, do open box items come in the original packaging?

Update: I made another myprice offer of 200, and of course got the initial "we will contact you when this product reaches 200" e-mail.  Here's hoping they e-mail me again!

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #66 of 80
If the Coppers are what you want I would take $209 in a heartbeat. That's a great price and they have the same warranty.

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #67 of 80
At $209 thats a very good price, I would jump on them if I were you. There is one other IEM I strongly recommend you look at though and that is the DBA2. It won't have the same warranty but I haven't heard any serious complaints about breakage and I suspect since your coming from the 210 they might be more what you would like sonically and they are also very reasonable price wise. I have to admit I am saying this without having heard them though so am basing my recommendation on reading only.

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #68 of 80
have people had good experiences with open box from one call?  I assume they give you new earbuds if those have been opened-ugh that would be gross if they didn't.  

Oh, and actually, if I got the open box I could order online, which would mean I could pay with ebillme.  They are having a promotion where they deduct 20.00 if you pay that way.  So actually the price would be 209-20=189.  Man, that is a killer deal.  I think I have to go for it.

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #69 of 80
When I did the open box with my MDs I had some troubles. My MDs were defective and when I contacted Monster to replace them, Monster told me they couldn't because they were open box. I contacted OneCall and Onecall replaced the MDs with a brand new set because of the troubles. They told me Monster should have replaced them because all open box items carry the full manufacturers warning.

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #70 of 80
When they are open box that usually means they are returned good. In this case the tips are probably inspected and disinfected but I would imagine they will be used even if only slightly. Either that or they are demo models that were just on display but this is unlikely due to the nature of the business.

Personally I have no issue with open box or used product as I clean everything and disinfect it just to be safe. But not everyone feels that way about things they stick in their ears...

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #71 of 80
^
I was just about to mention that. Most likely it is a returned pair. The other option is it was opened for picture taking but considering how long they have been selling the Coppers that's unlikely. You get the same warranty so I would go for it before someone else grabs it.

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #72 of 80
thanks for the advice guys.  I ordered them :)  For 189, I just couldn't pass it up.  The 20 dollar rebate is a mail-in, which is a pain in the butt, but I'll do it.  DDRNemesis's experience is disturbing, as the limited lifetime warranty and one time replacement is a big draw.  Onecall replaced them once, but would they honor the rest of the warranty if necessary?  That is worrisome.  Oh well, at that price, it was worth it.

oh, one other thing I'm a little concerned about (can you tell I'm a worrier?) is why did they drop the price?  Do they base that on the condition of the item?

Jul 22, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #73 of 80
I imagine the item is fine but the faster they can flip it the better, so a live fish nibbling is better than waiting for a bigger fish.

Jul 22, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #74 of 80

that makes sense.  I mean who would have bought open box at the old price when they were offering brand new for the same amount?
Quote:
I imagine the item is fine but the faster they can flip it the better, so a live fish nibbling is better than waiting for a bigger fish.

Jul 23, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #75 of 80

Quote:
When I did the open box with my MDs I had some troubles. My MDs were defective and when I contacted Monster to replace them, Monster told me they couldn't because they were open box. I contacted OneCall and Onecall replaced the MDs with a brand new set because of the troubles. They told me Monster should have replaced them because all open box items carry the full manufacturers warning.

Actually I think I read somewhere that its only applicable to the original owner.  But Onecall was good to give you some new ones.  I take it you prefer the MD sound signature then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back