Monster Turbine Professional – Copper Review - With Burnin Discussion and tips
Jun 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #16 of 80
Well the thing is that I won't have another pair of Coppers to compare them to and judging from memory on a phone that I've had for 2 weeks is pretty weak at best. Although you should read my conclusion again. I do find these Coppers good but they won't go any higher than 3rd on my list of earphones as both the DBA 02 and e-Q7 are much closer to what I want than the Coppers.

@lucozade: unfortunately that won't happen anytime soon. Also the Copper tips don't fit the SM3 anyway :p I don't think I'll be spending much money in the next month or so on audio stuff until everything comes in the mail and all works out despite how good the SM3 is.

Jun 19, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #17 of 80
^^ then by all means give my process a try, I know you will be going by memory but even so I and others wouldn't mind feedback on what your hear. ^^

Jun 19, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #18 of 80

Quote:

@lucozade: unfortunately that won't happen anytime soon. Also the Copper tips don't fit the SM3 anyway :p I don't think I'll be spending much money in the next month or so on audio stuff until everything comes in the mail and all works out despite how good the SM3 is.

The copper tips fit the SM3 if you decore one of the stock comply tips and use the core for a spacer. 

On another note i can not remember have you heard the ddms ? if so what did you think of them .I would not go out of my way to get them but as  They are available over here now i might be tempted to try them just to see what all the fuss is about and if they really are as good as most of the other guys on here say they are in there price point.Might be interesting to hear a duel dymanic driver .

Jun 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #19 of 80
@dweaver: I'll make a decision whenever I get them back (of course I need to send them in first lol)

@lucozade: I have not heard the DDM. They have gotten some excellent reviews by some reputable members here. It does indeed sound like an excellent bargain but the real issue for me is their isolation and fit. The only time I can really use them is when I am at home but I am not able to listen for very long when I'm at home. Eric will probably be a better person to ask how they sound. Oh and if you want me to have the SM3 feel free to paypal me $400 and I'll even be so gracious to take the hit on the fees.

Jun 19, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #20 of 80

Quote:

@lucozade: I have not heard the DDM. They have gotten some excellent reviews by some reputable members here. It does indeed sound like an excellent bargain but the real issue for me is their isolation and fit. The only time I can really use them is when I am at home but I am not able to listen for very long when I'm at home. Eric will probably be a better person to ask how they sound.

All ready spoken to ericp about them , thanks anyway rawrster.

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #21 of 80
can i say that this is the best dynamic in the market has to offer now? thinking of purchasing 1 soon. I cannot give in to bass light phones but also love clarity and treble. Wonder if this would be the best choice for me. I demo-ed it and i love it but was wondering if there are any other product(not the IE8 please) out there like this characteristic.
smile_phones.gif

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #22 of 80
im expecting my normal turbines today in the mail i listen to mostly house music, trance, and rap. im planning using your burn in file do you think that file is good for my music preferences. i can just put these files on my ipod and play it right? 

Jun 21, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #23 of 80
Haaaaang on. There is a method in this madness.This is based on the pro versions not the standard. I recommend you just use music to burn these in and see how you get on. Using these files does change the characteristics from my own experience. If you think they are bassy enough for you, just let them play.
Once again, just listen and report back.

Jun 21, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #24 of 80

Quote:
Haaaaang on. There is a method in this madness.This is based on the pro versions not the standard. I recommend you just use music to burn these in and see how you get on. Using these files does change the characteristics from my own experience. If you think they are bassy enough for you, just let them play.
Once again, just listen and report back.

Yes you can put the MP3 version of my file found in burnin thread onto your Ipod and just play it. But I can not say what effect it might have on a standard MT as I never used it on one, it may be fine but I simply can't say for sure. I would try it for a night and see if you like the way your IEM's are starting to sound. If at that point they are sounding more bassy than when you started or in a fashion you don't like you might want to try using just music for the next 8 hours and have another listen.

Jul 20, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #25 of 80
I notice you list choral and classical in your musical preferences.  How do the coppers perform in these genres?  I love listening to choirs, particularly cathedral choirs like St. Paul.  Also, I love Libera.  Here is an example of what Libera can sound like (although they are very diverse): 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCJFTBe039Q

Also solo treble voices like Andrew Johnston.  

I love rock, alternative, jazz, and all that other stuff too, but I haven't really heard anyone talk about choir music

Jul 20, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #26 of 80

I listen to Bach chorales and renaissance polyphony (Palestrina et al.) and the mtpcs sound great. I like how dynamic driver based iems give a very coherent sound and the mtpc lets every voice come through clearly without impeding anyone else.

Quote:
I notice you list choral and classical in your musical preferences.  How do the coppers perform in these genres?  I love listening to choirs, particularly cathedral choirs like St. Paul.  Also, I love Libera.  Here is an example of what Libera can sound like (although they are very diverse): 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCJFTBe039Q

Also solo treble voices like Andrew Johnston.  

I love rock, alternative, jazz, and all that other stuff too, but I haven't really heard anyone talk about choir music

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #27 of 80
I also like how the MTPC sound with Choral Music but really liked them with my 2nd pair as the added midrange really made them sound fuller.

Jul 20, 2010 at 2:47 PM Post #29 of 80
Thanks guys!  That really helps.  @Kunlun: I ADORE Palestrina!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who listens to that type of music here :)
@dweaver: Hmm knowing you liked choral better on the second ones really makes me consider following your burn-in procedure.  My only worry is getting blown away by bass.  But fuller midrange would be awesome.  Again, thanks to everyone for all the advice.  I really think I'm probably gonna jump on the 249.00 deal on onecall.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back