Monster Turbine Professional – Copper Review - With Burnin Discussion and tips
Jul 21, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #47 of 80
Shures below the 425 are a big joke IMHO.  Putting the Shure name on those is just as bad as slapping Dr. Dre and Lady Gaga on something.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #48 of 80

Quote:
I got them three hours ago, they are relaxing on the highs and sound "effin" awesome

So i guess i was right 
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #49 of 80

Quote:
@ShyFroggy: you can wear these over the ear or straight down depending on your preference. I have no issues with either.

@vinnievidi: These definitely are quite good and I liked them more than the Westone 3 even though both do not suit me. These are a very fun phone with a very good warranty and it sounds like their signature is for you so you should probably be quite happy with them.

@ rawrster
, Im not surprised you liked the coppers more than the westone 3 rawrster as the coppers are more neutral sounding than the westone 3 which has more emphases on the bass and treble and it is my guess that the w3 would have been way to bassy for your liking

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #50 of 80
Got my replacement pair of coppers today, Monster definitely upgraded the cord as it isn't as stiff and rubbery as my last one. Going to burn them in using music cause I already have a nice midcentric phone with the MDs.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #51 of 80
Whether its from burn-in or just me getting used to the sound signature, but I am starting to agree with rawrster.  I am getting into the MTPC faster than I did the W3.  I think it's the mids.  Compared to the W3, the Monster's mids are a bit more crisp.  Also the soundstage seems to be not as narrow.  

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #52 of 80

Quote:
btw if you had the 210 and wernt hating them, since it seems youd rather not spend like a crazy person go for a PL-50.  beats a 210 no prob and is stupidly cheap

Well they were my first IEMs, and a big step up from the phones that come with your iPod.  I'm ready to take the next step up now.  But thanks to everyone for saying that my current pair sucks. 
frown.gif
  really makes a person feel good

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #53 of 80

Quote:
Well they were my first IEMs, and a big step up from the phones that come with your iPod.  I'm ready to take the next step up now.  But thanks to everyone for saying that my current pair sucks. 
frown.gif
  really makes a person feel good

Lol, I've had every Shure under the sun at some point.  So I guess i feel even better then you do.  
atsmile.gif

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #55 of 80

Quote:
Lol, I've had every Shure under the sun at some point.  So I guess i feel even better then you do.  
atsmile.gif

well, I'm sure I would have a different opinion on my current pair if I had the experience with so many different models.  But I don't.  I'm a beginner, everyone starts somewhere.  And I'm thinking, hey, if I can take a quantum leap forward for 250 with a lifetime warranty, isn't that a good thing?  I don't want to waste my money.  But maybe I should look lower again.  You always have to sacrifice something, be it money, build quality, warranty, sound, isolation, comfort...

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #56 of 80

Quote:
So anaxilus you have had every shure under the sun so am i right in thinking that the SE210 sound way better than those glorious SE420 ?  
ksc75smile.gif

Lol, I had the 210 or E2 or 200's years ago, can't keep track of the Shure alphabet soup.  I heard the 425s at CES last January and thought they were fine.  It was hard to top the Ety ER4's I heard for the first time prior to arriving at the Shure booth.  Wish I would have known about the 840s at the time.  Wrong thread, nvm.
tongue.gif
  I wouldn't have bought the 425 but not too shabby if I recall.

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #57 of 80

Quote:
Lol, I had the 210 or E2 or 200's years ago, can't keep track of the Shure alphabet soup.  I heard the 425s at CES last January and thought they were fine.  It was hard to top the Ety ER4's I heard for the first time prior to arriving at the Shure booth.  Wish I would have known about the 840s at the time.  Wrong thread, nvm.
tongue.gif
  I wouldn't have bought the 425 but not too shabby if I recall.

thats great ,sounds like the 425 are better than the 420 so they must have connected up both drivers this time round in the 425 
popcorn.gif

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #58 of 80

Quote:
atsmile.gif

Well I'm sure I would have a different opinion of the 210s had I the experience you seem to have with models, brands, etc.  But I don't.  You have to begin somewhere, and I thought they were a good "gateway" IEM.

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #59 of 80
Dweaver...your burn in file u sent me is genious!!!

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #60 of 80
Quote:
Shures below the 425 are a big joke IMHO.  Putting the Shure name on those is just as bad as slapping Dr. Dre and Lady Gaga on something.

I guess it depends on the price you bought it for. I have good impressions of the E3 and E4 which is supposed to be similar to the SE210 and SE310. I did buy them for $30 and $90 or so respectively compared to what they go for at MSRP. Also the E3 was more of a backup until my E4 returned to me after their infamous cable cracking issue and I never went back to shure after selling my E4 however and may never come back to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back