Monster Turbine Pro Copper retermination needed in UK/EU
Mar 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

MrD

Head-Fier
The connector on my MTPCs has come off, so I'm after someone to reterminate them with as little loss of length as possible and will pay accordingly. UK preferred to keep times and shipping costs down, if not I'd like to keep it within the EU to avoid customs charges.

As of February 2014 the makeshift repair a work colleague performed has finally broken, so I'm once again in search of a fix. As indicated by Mooses9 below, it's a fairly easy job for someone used to working with wires such as these, and although reliability was intermittent and position-dependent on the previous repair (presumably because of shorting), when they were in place they worked 100% with no imbalance so I'm sure there are no problems further down the cable.

Here's how the cable looked prior to the last repair:

PM me if you think you might be able to take it on yourself or can suggest somewhere to send them...

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #2 of 4
Actually ive done a retermination of the monster turbines high performance and they are actually pretty easy to work with.

The wires are wrapped in enamel just twist each wire Tight and get a bead of solder on the tip of your Iron and run the tip of the wire througgh the bead odf solder.

The heat from the solder melts the enamel and the exposed wire is then tinned with solder to be soldered onto the jack.

This process is very easy. Once the tip of the wire is tinned I like to tin about another 1/8th of a inch of the wire then just solder it to the plug.

This isnt a must but shrink tube or hot glue around the wires is a must so that nothing touches or shorts.

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks very much for this - have managed a makeshift repair with a colleague doing the soldering, and although it's very messy and the connector is cheap and not very presentable, at least they're working again. The wires seemed very tricky to work with though.

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #4 of 4
Need these to be repaired once again, by someone who knows what they're doing as I can't risk any further loss of cable length - opening post has been edited to reflect current situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back