Monster Turbine Pro Copper: How Are They?
Sep 26, 2009 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Modifiedz

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone Purchased these yet? I would like to know how they compare to the Original Turbine, and are they Possibly the Best Phones for the Price of $250. They Look real Nice. (is that just Gold or Copper Anodized Aluminum, or is it Brass)? I love the Turbine sound and design. If there is a Big Sound difference, I would not mind spending the extra $100 for em, as long as there is not earphones that are way better that you can get for the same price. For me the Turbines are very fun to listen to because of the Pounding non-distorted Bass and clear Treble. If the Mids matched the lows and high's, they would be Perfect for their price range.

Sep 26, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 18
They just released? I might wait til the price drops..

Sep 26, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Modifiedz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They Look real Nice. Im a Big Fan of Copper, its the best choice for electronic heat dissipation.

They come in gold or copper colors. They are not made out of copper or gold.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 28, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #5 of 18
Now that they have been out for a while, maybe someone here can comment on them. I know the price is pretty high compared to other high-end IEM's.

Jan 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #7 of 18
Jude has stated that he is really impressed by the Copper Pros. He has written that the Cu Pros and their new tips are some of the best universal IEMs he has heard.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #8 of 18
Does anyone know for sure whether the difference between the Gold and the Copper is more than cosmetic? I know there are rumors, but does anyone have a head-to-head?

Jan 26, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #10 of 18
I agree that's those are the supposed differences, with an improved neutrality with the Cu Pros. Jude has mentioned that he really enjoys the Cu Pros. I have the Gold (or is that Au?), and they are a great improvement over the already good originals, but much more neutral than the originals. While I wouldn't say they are tuned for fun, and I enjoy them, they Gold Pros are very neutral to my ears, with just a mild bass hump.

I can't imagine the difference between the Cu and Gold Pros to be that great, but I reserve judgment until I hear them.

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #11 of 18
i actually loved how this turbine copper's looks! Another contender to compete the Ortofon e-q7 for my future iem purhase... damn....

anyone who had both? wondered which 1 is better D:

and would there still be any chance that the price would drop back down to 250 mark?

Feb 15, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i actually loved how this turbine copper's looks! Another contender to compete the Ortofon e-q7 for my future iem purhase... damn....

anyone who had both? wondered which 1 is better D:

and would there still be any chance that the price would drop back down to 250 mark?

Of course, a bunch of us got the coppers for 225. We'll see it at 250 again, at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back