Monster Turbine Pro Copper Help!!
Dec 25, 2011 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

zyth

New Head-Fier
Hello, My first thread on Head-fi so im very sorry if i choosed the wrong category! 

Bought a new pair of Monster Turbine Pro Copper today. Now i have a bit of a problem, what ear-tips do you guys recommend to get out the most bass from the turbines. With ear-tips i mean those that comes along with the turbines, since i dont have any stores that sells that kind of stuff around where i live.

Will be very thankful for all the help i could get, im a new audophile
biggrin.gif
. And also please have patience with my poor english. (Im from sweden
wink.gif
 )

/ zyth

Dec 25, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 9
Sorry, I cant contribute directly, I dont have experience with these IEMs, but I think you'd get a lot more responses if you posted in the IEM sections isntead of the full-size section as the IEM people over in that section know their stuff more than we do about the IEMs :wink:

Dec 25, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #6 of 9
I've owned the MTPCs for about 6 months and, out of the stock tips, got the best sound isolation and bass response from the triple flanges. For the past 5 months I've been using a pair of Comply tips as none of the stock tips were very comfortable IMO.

If bass is what you were looking for, maybe you should've gone with the Miles Davis or Turbine Gold?

Dec 26, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Way to contribute.

Try using the foam hybrids (foam tips with the silicone in the center). That seems, for me, to be the most comfortable as well as the best for bringing out bass. Of course, every other tip that came with my MDT's didn't even fit me well, so yeah.

Yeah ive tried almost everyone of them, and theyre to big for my ears. I got pretty small ears so right now im using the smallet "non-silicone" tips, at the moment they gave me the best bass too.

Yeah ive tried almost everyone of them, and theyre to big for my ears. I got pretty small ears so right now im using the smallet "non-silicone" tips, at the moment they gave me the best bass too.

Quote:
I've owned the MTPCs for about 6 months and, out of the stock tips, got the best sound isolation and bass response from the triple flanges. For the past 5 months I've been using a pair of Comply tips as none of the stock tips were very comfortable IMO.

If bass is what you were looking for, maybe you should've gone with the Miles Davis or Turbine Gold?

Ok thanks, the triple flanges (the cones right?) are to big for my ears, i cant find any good way to get them in to my ear in a good way, i guess i will try once again.

Im not really after bass, just wanted to see how much bass you can get out from the coppers with the stock tips. Is there a big difference between the gold and the copper on the bass? I know there's a difference, but i know the copper is much more accurate than the gold. I also heard that the gold sometimes has too much bass? (is that even possible hehe
tongue.gif
 )

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #8 of 9
There should have been two sets of flanges (yes, the cones), one small and one large. The small ones fit my ears and I usually use medium sized tips. None of the foam "supertips" fit my ears properly and I didn't like the sound that I got from the silicone ones. Switched to the TX-400s from Comply and they work wonders; extremely comfortable and very good isolation (not as good as the flanges though).

I've never auditioned the Golds so I couldn't give you an exact comparison of the two, but they're meant to have more quantity than the Coppers. I find the Coppers to have plenty for my tastes though.

What's your source? When I play my MTPCs out of my iPhone the bass is quite minimal but through my laptop it is prominent (no EQ adjustments applied through either).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back