Monster Turbine dead after two months in and support does not reply? EDIT: Monster Support Sucks, do not buy.
Feb 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #31 of 60

Quote:
Let me read off the email they sent me....

Oh. Wait. They didn't send me anything! If I was allowed to curse here... I would. 
Do not buy anything from them. The warranty on booklet in the box is as valuable as the paper it's printed on. 
I heard the JVC FXT-90 are an equivalent pair.
http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?products_id=3021
I
f you want more mid, get the Shure SE215 or 315.

You have no time to call at all right? If I were you I'd keep sending e-mails and posting messages on their Facebook publically...Monster has to realize the horrible rep this is giving them.

Also they're in the West Coast so maybe you actually can call them if you're in a different time zone?

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #32 of 60
Are you guys kidding?

Monster offers one of the best (actually probably the best) warranties in the business - unlimited lifetime replacement for any defects, in addition to a "once in a lifetime" - completely at your fault - replacement, however long after purchase.  And in my experience they send you it brand new in box.  

All you have to do is call.

I can understand living in a foreign country and not having access, but the idea that someone can't scrape together an hour of time in their day to call is incredible.  I worked 70+ hours a week in healthcare and was still able to find time to call..

This is listed under the warranty tab on their website:

"For warranty service, please call toll free (877) 800-8989, and we will guide you through the warranty service process."

Why their facebook is considered an override to what the warranty section directly states, I have no idea.

Here's where you guys wanna go (not facebook):

http://www.monstercable.com/warranty/default.asp

The warranty that's still going to be keeping you covered when everything else would have expired or told you "no" is easily worth 30 minutes (even an hour) of time.  

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:05 AM Post #34 of 60
Use Skype. Cheaper than actual phone calls. Or have a friend to do it. But yeah, 1 hour wait is too much in my opinion.

Klipsch, I got lots of questions(before Ill buy), even such questions of potential buyers, they answer 1-3 days after!

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #35 of 60

Quote:
Are you guys kidding?

Monster offers one of the best (actually probably the best) warranties in the business - unlimited lifetime replacement for any defects, in addition to a "once in a lifetime" - completely at your fault - replacement, however long after purchase.  And in my experience they send you it brand new in box.  

All you have to do is call.

I can understand living in a foreign country and not having access, but the idea that someone can't scrape together an hour of time in their day to call is incredible.  I worked 70+ hours a week in healthcare and was still able to find time to call..

This is listed under the warranty tab on their website:

"For warranty service, please call toll free (877) 800-8989, and we will guide you through the warranty service process."

Why their facebook is considered an override to what the warranty section directly states, I have no idea.

Here's where you guys wanna go (not facebook):

http://www.monstercable.com/warranty/default.asp

The warranty that's still going to be keeping you covered when everything else would have expired or told you "no" is easily worth 30 minutes (even an hour) of time.  

Basically, unless Monster is out of business, you dont have to buy another IEM again eh? Esp. if you are contented with their product.

Also, if its out of stock longer than expected/forever, will they upgrade it to another IEM?

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #36 of 60
Got them to reply back on FB, they gave me a new address to email saying "We have someone tasked with expecting and activly waiting for your email and will reply ASAP." >.> Yeah. Right. Time will tell.....

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #38 of 60
Just to chime in on this i had similar problem but never got to the point of customer service. I originally bought the MTP Coppers which had SO much driver flex in the right earpiece it was unacceptable and it also blocked out more noise in the right than the left so it sounded off center and when i breathed ... lol ... the driver would flex. So i sent them back and a month later bought the Miles davis tribute .. LOVED THEM 1 week later the right ear piece died while listening to music... So i used amazon to get them replaced very quickly ... then the 2nd pair after 3 weeks also crapped out on me ... IN THE RIGHT EAR.. 3 earphones all died on the right side. That was it for me as much as i loved the MD's i wasnt willing to go through Monsters service should they last more than a month and not be able to use amazons super fast replacement services. I bought the GR07 and couldnt be happier .. no driver flex, better sound quality with a more open soundstage with a small sacrifice in bass quantity compared to MD's.

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #39 of 60
"We have someone waiting to reply to you." Yeah...Right. Still nothing from them. This sucks. When they do replace them...anyone want to buy a pair of Turbines? You can have them for $70, new in box! They sound great, the company behind them freaking SUCKS! :mad:

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #42 of 60
Yeah I heard of companies changing it for a better model. Tell them the trauma they gave you. Pearls are just white versions as someone posted(Twitter interaction with Monster). Gratitude or Golds!

And have you tried Twitter? They seem to be active there.

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #45 of 60
How ironic that I saw this thread. I purchased Turbine Pro Golds last year from amazon and babied them knowing they cost as much as a playstation 3 console. With only about 10 hours of use a week, the mesh-like filter on my left ear has fallen out, the glue on both left and right housing has faded and so they separate real easily, and everything else feels like its on its last leg.

I've emailed monster 3 times in 5 months with no answer. Everytime I call, I end up waiting over an hour and give-up. I am extremely dissatisfied with the build quality. My brainwavz M2 and MEelectronics m6's costed much much less and will outlive my MTPG. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep trying till I get my replacement and hope they have far superior build quality.

Really bad customer service for me so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back