Monster Turbine dead after two months in and support does not reply? EDIT: Monster Support Sucks, do not buy.
Feb 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Sonicjet

New Head-Fier
So I have the Monster Turbines, awesome headphones I love them I can't live without them...except that's the problem. The right ear line seems to have cracked at the base of the L/R split and now the audio is weak from that ear. This kinda ticks me off and makes them unusable for me. I paid $150 for these and they have worked great up to this point but now they don't work. So I did what any sane person would do: I used their support email form. Explained it nicely, etc. I submitted the form and got a fancy email saying it was sent. This was the 5th. I have not heard from them since. I have tried to use the phone help but due to their crazy hours and setup I have not been able to contact them. I put my hard earned cash into these and despite a great experience at first, they died crazy quickly. I don't want a refund I just want a great working pair of headphones back. Please, if you are a Monster Rep, please contact me and help. I'll even update the post then. Thanks.

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 60
I think you're blaming the company you purchased the headphone from, rather than Moster themselves.
You didn't state which one you were contacting, so I don't know.

I've heard Monster have great service. Maybe that changed?

It also sounds like you bough a discounted or used set.

More info is needed.

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 60
No, I tried to contact monster. Sorry if I was not clear. 
I have had no reply, I work from really early (5ish) til after 10 (I'm an entrepreneur working on a social marketing company, Go figure.) so their phone line is basically not an option.
The pair was brand new (I can confirm this), bought at Best Buy. The cable is clearly cracked apart it's not like it pulled out, it's a rough crack.
Thanks for your time.

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #4 of 60
Send them a follow up email explaining your situation, that you have been in contact once on the 5th with no reply from them, leave that email for 48 hours and see if they respond, if they do not, you need to find time within those hours to call them directly. Monster are very understanding, I'm not sure on waiting times, I understand you would be upset about your headphones after this long.

Don't give up on them, keep at it, they will help you.

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 60
Just curious - what turbines are they?  

I had to do an RMA on the Miles Davis Tributes about 5 months ago (driver flex!).  I called them and had excellent service, return time was pretty quick.  Have a copy of your receipt ready to go, don't send tips or anything but the headphones themselves..they shipped me a brand new unopened box very quickly.

You must surely get a lunch break, a bathroom break, 10 minutes to yourself etc - can't you call them then?   

It's worth it!!!    

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 60
It seems that recently monster's service has been awful. If you're a fan on their offical page on facebook you can see plenty of people complaining about ridiculous hold times, unanswered e-mails, etc. Me personally, I had to be put on hold for thirty minutes to talk to someone about my broken turbine golds. At the same time I was trying to connect on the web site but it just kept telling me to wait. really annoying.

Oh and it's been three weeks since they received my headphones and still nothing. if i were you i wouldn't expect them to be back until about two months from now...you might just be better off buying a new one.

Anyways, if you still wanna try to get their attention apparently you can e-mail socialsupport@monsterproducts.com to escalate your claim. I'd just keep e-mailing every day if possible and if you get half an hour to yourself during their hours call them but know that you may have to wait awhile.

And yes, you will need a copy of the receipt.

Edit: One last thing, the person(s) saying they had great service from Monster, are you in Canada by any chance?

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #7 of 60

Quote:
It seems that recently monster's service has been awful. If you're a fan on their offical page on facebook you can see plenty of people complaining about ridiculous hold times, unanswered e-mails, etc. Me personally, I had to be put on hold for thirty minutes to talk to someone about my broken turbine golds. At the same time I was trying to connect on the web site but it just kept telling me to wait. really annoying.

Oh and it's been three weeks since they received my headphones and still nothing. if i were you i wouldn't expect them to be back until about two months from now...you might just be better off buying a new one.

Anyways, if you still wanna try to get their attention apparently you can e-mail socialsupport@monsterproducts.com to escalate your claim. I'd just keep e-mailing every day if possible and if you get half an hour to yourself during their hours call them but know that you may have to wait awhile.

And yes, you will need a copy of the receipt.

Edit: One last thing, the person(s) saying they had great service from Monster, are you in Canada by any chance?

If you mean me - no I'm in the US (midwest).  

If that's true their recent CS has gone to pot then that's a shame.  My last experience was about 5 months ago.  If I remember right, I spoke to the guy on the phone, he gave me the info to put in the package (RMA #, copy of receipt, IEMs, and a brief description of the problem I think) and I had it sent the next day.  I had a tracking # so I knew when it got there, - they didn't hold it long and within maybe a week of them receiving it my new box was on the way.      

The whole process was pretty quick for me..I wanna say maybe 2 weeks max.  Definitely less than a month.  I did everything over the phone.  

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 60
Maybe I'm wrong in saying that recently their CS has gone bad; it could be that generally it's good but a small percentage of the time it fails badly, but still I don't think that's acceptable for a company that's as big and that's been around as long as Monster.

According to the tracking, they received my Monster Turbine Pros about Jan 24th. I didn't get an e-mail confirming that they had gotten it until the 30th. And since then...nothing. Sent them an e-mail last Friday evening and nothing. To be fair the Pro Golds are out of stock on the website though so perhaps that's why it's taking so long.

It also annoys me that whoever owns the Facebook page just gives very generic advice such as "Contact monster service at *****" or "That's not good. You can escalate the claim by e-mail ****". I asked when the Monster Pro Gold's would be back in stock, a pretty simple question, and they told me to e-mail support, which seems to be really inconsistent in responding so that's pointless.

Whatever the case I don't think I'll ever be buying from Monster any more. I've learned that the criticisms by some of the very anti-Monster people on here have a real basis.

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #9 of 60

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong in saying that recently their CS has gone bad; it could be that generally it's good but a small percentage of the time it fails badly, but still I don't think that's acceptable for a company that's as big and that's been around as long as Monster.

According to the tracking, they received my Monster Turbine Pros about Jan 24th. I didn't get an e-mail confirming that they had gotten it until the 30th. And since then...nothing. Sent them an e-mail last Friday evening and nothing. To be fair the Pro Golds are out of stock on the website though so perhaps that's why it's taking so long.

It also annoys me that whoever owns the Facebook page just gives very generic advice such as "Contact monster service at *****" or "That's not good. You can escalate the claim by e-mail ****". I asked when the Monster Pro Gold's would be back in stock, a pretty simple question, and they told me to e-mail support, which seems to be really inconsistent in responding so that's pointless.

Whatever the case I don't think I'll ever be buying from Monster any more. I've learned that the criticisms by some of the very anti-Monster people on here have a real basis.

Did you call them?  

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #10 of 60

Quote:
Did you call them?  

I haven't called them yet because 1)From experience you are put on hold for at least thirty minutes before someone answers, and 2)I was told to contact Monster at monsterproducts.com/service if I had any questions about my case. If they don't respond by Monday I'm probably going to call them.

Oh one more thing that annoys me about monster customer service...the fact they make you pay to ship the broken items to them.

Feb 19, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #11 of 60

Quote:
I haven't called them yet because 1)From experience you are put on hold for at least thirty minutes before someone answers, and 2)I was told to contact Monster at monsterproducts.com/service if I had any questions about my case. If they don't respond by Monday I'm probably going to call them.

Oh one more thing that annoys me about monster customer service...the fact they make you pay to ship the broken items to them.

For a lifetime warranty against defects (which mine fell under) + a one time accidental damage replacement - paying shipping is a bargain.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back