Monster Turbine Challenge - Reviewers Wanted!
Apr 6, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #136 of 243
I would be interested in this as well.

I've owned over 20 full-size headphones in the past year and a half, including quite a few professional monitoring headphones, because I love hearing music as it was recorded.  I never liked ear buds that came with portable players, and that has caused me to hesitate to try other in-ear models.

My main listening rig is a PC with optical out connected to a custom built Texas Instruments amp, though I also have a laptop that I use frequently with a Firestone Fireye II.  My portable listening comes via a Creative Zen, sometimes connected to a Firestone Battery Cute.

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #137 of 243
Definately interested. In the past I´ve owned the Sennheiser IE 8 (first my cat bit the cord broken, then I forgot them in the washing machine) and Shure 530 IEMs (couldn´t stand the very deep insertion). Right now I´m looking for a IEM, so I´ve been reading all the current reviews etc. I´ve never tried any Monster product, so it would be a new and exciting venture. I listen to everything from classical to hip hop, but for portable use I mostly listen at the gym so I gravitate towards energetic and bass heavy music. What I loved in the Sennheiser IE 8 was the bass and soundtage for hip hop, and Monster turbines, on paper, sound exactly like what I´m looking for. If I lived in the states, I´d probably already have tried one of their models thanks to the aggressive pricing there. But here in the EU they are very expensive.

My main rig is an Audio-gd REF-7 Dac fed via an Audio-gd Digital Interface, Stax SRM-600 and SR-507 earspeakers. Before arriving at Stax, I owned the Sennheiser HD 800, Audeze LCD-2, Beyer 880 edition 2005 and Sennheiser HD 650. After a long journey I´m completely satisfied with my main rig, so my headphone interest these days strongly gravitates towards the portable realm.

If selected, I´d be writing a review.

Last but not least, I forgot to check if this competition is USA/Canada only... It probably is (so it rules me out). Oh well, good luck to everyone 
beerchug.gif

Apr 6, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #138 of 243
I am interested
I never use a Turbine earphone but I am using monster cables and power conditioners. My main rig is Audio-gd digital interface> Audio-gd NFB10> Akg K702 Balanced. Portable rig is Creatie X-FI > Fio E5> Phonak PFE

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #139 of 243
I am also interested.

I listen to almost all kinds of genre.

I am a good reader, I always read reviews online. I would love to create my own for the community. I have my iPod Touch 4G as my DAP.

For me, a good audiophile IEM can be seen without the use of an AMP.

I hope I can get one. I haven't tried any of the monster products. I would like to give my opinions regarding them.

Thank you :)

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #140 of 243
I'm interested.  I haven't owned Monster IEMs but I own and regularly use q-Jays and Etymotic ER-6i.

Other headphones include:
  1. AKG K701
  2. Sennheiser HD-600
  3. Grado SR-225
  4. Grado SR-60i

My sources:
  1. Bantam DAC (DIY)
  2. Grub DAC (DIY)
  3. Sansa e260
  4. iPod video
  5. Technics SL-1200 + AT440MLa cartridge
  6. Onkyo SACD/DVD-A/CD/DVD player

My amplifiers:
  1. HeadRoom Total BitHead
  2. Millet "Starving Student" Hybrid  (DIY)
  3. Millet MiniMax  (DIY)
  4. Woo Audio WA 6

My listening preferences center mostly around classical, blues, jazz, progressive and classic rock.

I worked for 5 years as a professional guitar player playing blues/rock and latin. Recorded 2 independent albums with a blues band. Retired 7 years ago and only playing ocassionaly for fun now.  Currently studying solo jazz chord-melody style in my free time.

Regards

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:28 AM Post #141 of 243
I'd be interested. I've never owned or heard a monster turbine before. I mostly listen to jazz, rock, and classical mostly.

My home setup is foobar2k->Arcam rDac->Little Dot MKIII->AKG K701/Grado SR-80/1964-T
Portable setup is 5th gen iPod classis->fiio E7->1964-T

Thanks

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #142 of 243
I'm def interested

Have owned a set of turbines  in the past.

Set up: PC, Fiio E7 + E9 combo, Sennheiser HD598
On the Go: Fiio E7 + Ipod Classic + IE8

Music: Rap/Hip Hop, Metal, Ambient/Electronica, Lounge, Dubstep, Grunge, Soundtrack

Would definitely like to have a pair of turbines after seeing so much positive feedback.

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #143 of 243
I'm in. I would use these with mt portable audio equip.: iPod touch, ZuneHD, and Clip+ as well as my portable amps: Pico Slim, Arrow G1, and my fiio E5.

I listen to Rock, Metal, & Hip Hop,

I've never had the Turbines.

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #144 of 243
I'm interested. I have the standard Turbines now. I listen to DJ, Electronic, Rock, Funk, Blues, some Country, Jazz, Acoustic, Alt., Dance, Hip Hop.

I use a Sansa Clip +, Sansa Fuze, Sansa e260, and Sprint EVO with Fiio E5.

Apr 6, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #145 of 243
interested in this, count me in!
let's see if these can survive a student-goes-to-school live.

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #146 of 243
I'm interested!

I use sony sources mainly: the a818, a829 and a846. I can plug them through a diy amp/dac combo but I doubt I would, my daps are powerful enough for all my eaprhones.

I've never used any of the turbine lineup, although have used a lot of earphones in the last 7 years. I listen to a lot of everything but a lot of electronic/drum&bass/dubstep etc. The only things I don't listen to are metal and bassline, although I do listen to metal occasionally!!

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #147 of 243
I'm interested in this.

I've owned and currently use the original Monster Turbine In-Ear Speaker! I also have the Dr. Dre Beats Solos and Dre Beat Tours In-ears.

I prefer the truest sound to the original possible. Sometimes, I also prefer an elevation in bass response as long as it's not overpowering.

Currently I own a Sansa Clip+, Sansa Fuze as my portables.  An ASUS 1201N with an asus usb soundcard as my home rig.
I have a Little Dot MK3 amp and use the Dre Solos and the Shure SRH840s.

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #149 of 243
Hi I am interested...I have heard them awhile back and like to participate in making a review on them.

Apr 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #150 of 243
I'd be intrested in this trial, I curruntly own  the Shure SE420 iem's, but have read great reviews on the monster series IEM.  I listen to all forms of music, but tend to lean more towards jazz and bands such as Dave Matthews Band.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back