Monster Turbine Challenge - Reviewers Wanted!
Apr 6, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #106 of 243
I would like to be considered for a pair of Coppers. I currently use the Turbines and love them. I am looking to find an IEM with more detail and a more articulate representation of music (without taking out a mortgage). I would use the IEM's with my Iphone 3gs, Creative Zen, Archos 5 through a modified CmoyBB. I would also like to try them out on my desktop system as well.

My musical choices are Alt rock, Rock, various Electronica, Hip-hop, Classical (Current Collection is FLAC/ALAC).

Thank your for the consideration..

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #107 of 243
I would be interested in reviewing these.  My current setup is a MacBook pro -->FireStudio Mobile--->JH 11 Pro's.  

I am a professional musician, and I listen to a lot of metal, jazz, classical, rock and progressive.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #108 of 243
I would be interested in reviewing these.  My current setup is a MacBook pro -->FireStudio Mobile--->JH 11 Pro's.  

I am a professional musician, and I listen to a lot of metal, jazz, classical, rock and progressive.

I've never owned any Monster earbuds in the past.

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #109 of 243
I would like to be considered for either (preferably the gold). My friend has a pair of turbines and I would like to compare them and I would also like to compare them to my Sennheiser HD 380's Klipsch s4i and my Beats By Dre Studio. I mainly listen to hip-hop and rap with a bit of rock. Please pick me!!! I cant afford these and I would love to have them. And my current setup is a mac book pro with apogee duet and an iphone 4. 

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #110 of 243
Hi, I would be interested in reviewing a pair of Turbines.

I listen to mostly rock (indie, classic, other stuff), but also pop, classical, and really anything that sounds good, so I've got a fairly wide range of musical taste.

Source: mostly medium/high-bitrate mp3s straight out of my laptop and iPod, but I also have access to a full stereo system with CDs, vinyl, good speakers.
Headphones are: M50s, UE500s, MEElectronics A151

Never owned any Turbine products before, mostly due to price.

Also, I have minimal reviewing experience, but I try to be as unbiased as possible.
(Note, I also applied for the Facebook giveaway, so sorry if I'm not supposed to do both)

Thanks for the opportunity!

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #111 of 243
I have not made reviews so far, so this will probably be the first true one (made many impressions). I have owned and tested several IEMs before but not the monsters. I just bought a bunch of stuff lately, from amps to cables for customs monitors and waiting for one to arrive as well.

Currently have 3 portable rigs,

Sansa Clip+ > Ibasso T3 > Westone 2
iPod 5.5G (rockboxed) > Headstage Arrow > JH13s
iPod Nano 6G > JH13s

Also have an Ibasso D4 used mainly as DAC/Amp. Incoming are RSA protector, Silver Dragon IEM balanced cables, and probably a twag as well, and some SM3X6 customs? :)

What you think? This is from an inexperienced point of view. But if you really want audiophile reviewers, then I'm count me out. No worries. :)

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #112 of 243
As for taste in music:

I listen to everything, rock, pop, rnb, classical, jazz. That's it.

Quote:
I have not made reviews so far, so this will probably be the first true one (made many impressions). I have owned and tested several IEMs before but not the monsters. I just bought a bunch of stuff lately, from amps to cables for customs monitors and waiting for one to arrive as well.

Currently have 3 portable rigs,

Sansa Clip+ > Ibasso T3 > Westone 2
iPod 5.5G (rockboxed) > Headstage Arrow > JH13s
iPod Nano 6G > JH13s

Also have an Ibasso D4 used mainly as DAC/Amp. Incoming are RSA protector, Silver Dragon IEM balanced cables, and probably a twag as well, and some SM3X6 customs? :)

What you think? This is from an inexperienced point of view. But if you really want audiophile reviewers, then I'm count me out. No worries. :)

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #113 of 243
I would like to review the Golds. I've had a loaner pair of them in the past but was only given a week or so to compare to other good iem's and a longer period of time would be a better time frame to see how good they truly are.

I've had the Coppers before as well as gotten a review unit. I've given it away to a friend who would appreciate the sound signature more than I would.

My current setup is from my J3 to my 1964-T customs or my Westone 4. I also use my netbook connected to my Audinst HUD-MX1 dac/amp and then my 1964-T customs. The music I listen to are pop, rock, jazz, asian pop and trance.

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #114 of 243
I still love my MDs!  
tongue_smile.gif
  Not really throwing my hat into the ring on this one unless you happen to have a set of MD Trumpets that need a review.  
wink_face.gif
  Good luck to those interested in taking the Challenge.

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #116 of 243
I am interested in reviewing the IEM as well, so far I have yet to listen or review any Monster IEM yet, but quite a few other - both here in the forum as well as in my own blog: InEarMatters.net.

I listen to almost everything, except perhaps metal. Currently own too many gears to list down here, but they are all in my profile.

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #118 of 243
I'm interested. I have owned several high-end headphones, but never any Monster products. I'm willing to give them a fair review and keep an open mind. I currently have two of the most accurate headphones ever made (DT-48e and K-240DF) and have owned the SR-507, HE-6, LCD-2, HD-800, T1, and many others. I've heard almost everything at various meets. I mostly listen to classical and American folk music, so accuracy is very important to me in a headphone. I have a Schitt Lyr amp and Musiland MD-11 DAC/amp as my current equipment. I doubt that I meet the criteria for this study, as I have no experience with high-end IEMs, but I am really interested to review a Monster product, and would not hesitate to recommend it if was good.

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #119 of 243
I would certainly be interested in these.  I do like the Monster Z2 Audiophile Reference Speaker Cables I have hooked up to my Paradigm Reference speakers, and have been a bit disappointed when I hear people say negative things about Monster without getting the facts.  From the looks of them, I would love to see if these units can do a better job with bass than the Sennheisers and hear how they do with the amps.  It appears that highly accurate bass is a key strong-suit especially with the copper.  Related to non-recreational interest, I used to do theater sound design

1. Listening preferences: Varied across the spectrum, but I find I really have been enjoying Rock, Punk, Pop, Soundtracks, Electronic, New Wave, Hip Hop, Classical.  There's much more of a high-quality experience in many of the genres than people often give credit.
  2. Whether or not you already own [or have owned] a Turbine headphone from Monster: No

Current listening setup with Apple Lossless Files:
  1. Main Headphone System Apple Mac Pro 4x2.66 10/240GB SSD RAID 0+4 Drive RAID 0 & 1 -> Optical -> Cambridge Audio DacMagic -> Blue Jeans Cable Balanced Canare Star-Quad -> HeadRoom Balanced Ultra Desktop Amp -> Sennheiser HD-650 Cabling -> Sennheiser HD-580 Precision
  2. Portable Headphone System Apple MacBook Pro -> USB -> HeadRoom Bithead -> Sennheiser IE7
  3. Ultra Portable Headphone System Apple iPhone 4 -> Fiio E1 -> Sennheiser IE7
  4. I also have a HeadRoom Ultra Micro Amp w/ Astrodyne Power Supply [without a regular home]

Apr 6, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #120 of 243

Quote:

Monster Cable is looking for Head-Fi community members to take part in their new “Turbine Challenge” exclusively on Head-Fi, and on Facebook! We’ll be giving out 4 pairs of Turbine Pro Gold and 5 pairs of Turbine Pro Copper in-ear headphones to 9 Head-Fi members (selections made with guidance from Head-Fi administrators). Similar to programs in the past, all we ask is that you reply to this thread if you’re interested in receiving and reviewing one of our Turbine models. Let us know your listening preferences, current listening setup and whether or not you already own [or have owned] a Turbine headphone from Monster.
 ​
Unlike past Monster Turbine review programs here on Head-Fi, this one doesn’t just end within the forum. We launched the “Turbine Challenge” on Facebook as well to give more listeners the chance to take part. So, while we want you to have an exclusive chance to give us your opinions here on Head-Fi, you can also head over to the Turbine Challenge on Monster’s Facebook page for another way to participate: 

http://on.fb.me/MonsterCable

All 9 reviewers for the Head-Fi portion of the Turbine Challenge will be contacted by April 8th, however, entries may be submitted via the Monster Turbine Challenge on Facebook until April 30th.

**Please note: The Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Speakers were designed for critical listening for Serious Audiophiles and Audio Professionals. Specifically, they have been tuned for those who are looking for an in-ear monitor that will reproduce their source music as honestly and accurately as possible. This product will tell the audio story exactly as it is... accurate recordings will sound amazing and lifelike, while poor quality recordings will retain the same low-end quality. Before you apply, please keep this information in mind!

This is cool.  I've already reviewed the Gold on earphonesolutions.com, and I posted my comparison with a borrowed pair of Copper in |joker|'s multiple IEM review thread after I had them for a week, so it looks like I might not qualify.  Maybe when the next Turbine comes out I'll be qualified (Platinum maybe?).  

In a nutshell the Gold were warmer and more euphonic and forgiving sounding, and the Copper were more neutral with better treble extension and detail retrieval.  I liked them both, but I only own the Gold.  So, if you want to send me another Copper for more comparisons I wont object.  

I listen to jazz, classical, pop and hip hop, acoustic and vocal, new age and electronic.  I use many different portable DAC/amp combos and amps, like DACport, iBasso D4, Pico Slim, and RS SR-71b.  My source is usually a Macbook Pro, an iPhone 4 or HiFiMan HM-801.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back