Monster Turbine Challenge - Reviewers Wanted!
Apr 6, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #121 of 243
I listen to all types of music and would love to try the these out i currently have a triple fi 10 for reference

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #122 of 243
Im Interested in Reviewing these.

Currently I use custom molded Triple Fi 10's most often on the go. I also have a pair of Shure E4's. They are fed through my Zune HD.

I listen to Rock, Hip Hop, Blues along with a variety of other music.

I do not own or have owned Monster IEM's in the past

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #124 of 243
Sounds interesting!

My preference lean towards slightly forward and lush sounding earphones. A decent amount of bass needs to be present (at least). I am extremely sensitive to sibilance so overly bright and even slightly sibilant earphones do not go well for me.

Currently have a Sennheiser HD580, Beyer DT880, Ultrasone Pro-750 with a Shanling PH100 and LittleDot MKIII. 
Portable setup is a regular Monster Turbines out of my iPhone 3Gs. Also have a iBasso D3 currently.

As mentioned above, I'm currently using the Turbines as my day to day earphones, would love to try out the Gold or Copper models 

Thank you! 

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #125 of 243
I would be very interested!

I have a Sansa Clip+, MacBook, iPad 2, iPod touch 4G. I also have a PA2v2 and a Fiio E9.

I enjoy a warm sound signature, but I also enjoy an anylytical one, I have the B&W P5's, the AKG k702's, the Panasonic RP-HJE-Zirconia's, and some other crud.

Never owned a Monster product before except possibly a cable.

I appreciate this opportunity.

Thanks a lot,

macKat

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #126 of 243
I would be interested to review the Copper though I had owned them before. I traded for them with the Ortonfon e-Q7 and liked them a lot when paired with my iPhone 3GS. Since then, I had changed my equipment to the following: 

DAP: iRiver iHP-120
Amp: iBasso D10 with stock amp
IEM: 1964 Ears Quads

When I last had possession of the MTPC, I listened to more of Japanese and Chinese pop songs. However, now my preference has switched to Jazz and Classical and I will like to find out how MTPC presents these genres, particularly up against the 1964 quads.

Apr 6, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #127 of 243
I already have and love the Turbine Pro Copper.  I wouldn't mind a second pair.  =p
Or a set of the Gold edition for comparison.

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:01 AM Post #128 of 243
I am in. I listen to variety of genres, my favorites are blues, blues-rock, female vocals, vocal trance, ambient.
My gear: HM-602 · iPod 240gb · iPhone 3G · Clip+ | Meier Move | HD650 · RE262 · xCape · TM5 · MDR-Q68LW
My reviews: Buyer's guides to the Best Earbuds & Best Clip-ons
I never tried Monster before.

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #129 of 243
I am very much interested in this challenge.

I listen to rock, indie, electronic, hip hop and jazz. I like a bright (almost hear piercing) sound with tight bass, a flat frequency response if you will. I listen to redbook, hdcd and sacd formats.

My current setup is a Ultrasone hfi 2200/Sennheiser HD448, Marantz pm7003 amplifier and the Arcam cd92 cd player. I use selfmade power cables and powerstrip. I am more the 'speaker kind of guy' though and I mostly listen to my Elac fs67.2's. If I want to listen to a more warm and coloured sound I listen to an Arcam cd37, Naim, Totem Staff setup.

I never owned a Monster product before.

Apr 6, 2011 at 4:13 AM Post #130 of 243
hi there, please sign me in!!! i just ordered a monster turbine few days ago, and im so interesting to listen for a higher end earphone  from monster.
i dont know how people call my kind of music that i always listen to. the music that make by those original tribes who lives on the deepest mountain,so i need the wide sound stage of earphone to enjoy the music, which i think monster turbine pro gold and pro copper will provide, so please sign me in!!!

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #132 of 243
I would love to review the turbines pro. I never have a monster product because of its commercial point of view (dr. dre stuffs). But I might change my mind based on the turbines pro
wink_face.gif

I listen mostly to Jazz, instrumental and vocal; fusion, guitar virtuoso (greg howe, richie kotzen, paul gilbert, joe satriani, steve vai, etc), classic rock, progressive rock.

My current mobile setup is iPhone 4 > Qables silvercab hybrid > iQube > ES3X. My whipmod is still in order so it might come on time for the review.

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #133 of 243
if you don't mind sending one to australia :p i'll have a crack at reviewing it as best i can.

i have a wide range of music in japanese or english encoded in lossless or just normal 320kbps mp, these will be decoded via ASIO on Winamp

i run on my destkop a ASUS Essence STX Headphone Sound Card, creative x-fi fatality edition and a tianyun ZERO dac amp with OPA moon from audio-gd, these power my AKG 702 and a Alessandro Grado Lab MS-2. Majority of the time i use on ear or over ear headphones and was never really a fan of sticking buds into my ear canal as they weren't too comfortable when canal phones was first released.

Apr 6, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #134 of 243
I've never tried Monster IEMs but would be willing to give it a try for review purposes. I mainly listen to Jazz and Classical music on a variety of devices, most listed below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back