Monster Turbine (Black Ones) Impressions
Jan 6, 2011 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

myztikal47

New Head-Fier
Well, I was never really an IEM person, I actually made a thread about a month or so ago looking for some full sized cans and I bought the ATH-M50s which are AMAZING. Anyways, monster was having their F&F sale so I though I'd try out these Turbines for $40 after reading some reviews on here and people saying they were good. Well, now I am a believer!! WOW, these things sound AMAZING.

I think they may actually be even a bit clearer in the High's than the ATH's. The bass is lovely, I'm not using an AMP, actually I don't even own an AMP. I mainly listen to Trance/Hip-Hop/Jazz/Classic Rock and all of it sounds absolutely lovely. The only thing I don't like about IEMs is how easily they fall out and I've tried every tip possible, either they're too small, or even if they fit, they fall out with too much movement hence the reason I prefer full sized cans.

Anyways, I'm not audiophile so I can't describe all the sound qualities very well. All I can say is that the bass is nice and deep, not muddy, the highs are very clear which is a big deal when I listen to trance, usually the vocals are muddy and don't seem to have enough treble, but not with these!

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
So what all came with the shipment?

Just a leather case, the headphones, and one size of tips that were on the headphones. Luckily I had tips from other headphones so I just switched them, I'm so sleepy right now but I can't stop listening to these. One other thing they have made me realize is the difference between FLAC and 192k mp3's. I couldn't really tell the difference with the ATH's, but with these, 192k mp3s have become annoying and unfortunately thats most of my collection, and most of the trance I listen to is a radio show that is always recorded in that quality :frowning2:.

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 11
That has to suck finally realizing how low quality 192kbps mp3 files are.

Glad to know that they at least come with the case, sucks to here about only one tip. Hope my fake sony hybrids from mp4nation fit on em.

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 11
I have to agree the MTs are nice. I just don't like how the MTs lack in clarity. They have lovely lows, but those overwhelming lows kinda takes away from the shine of the other spectra. I use them all the time, but listening to Celine Dion is a little hard with these as they sometimes crap out. However, listening to Avenged Sevenfold is a beauty on these. I wish much more of their tracks had better recordings.

Jan 6, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #6 of 11
...I still can't tell the difference between 192kbps and 320kbps with my ER4p...

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #7 of 11
Due to my experience with the turbines, I just ordered some Golds, it seems from people on the forums that they have even better bass. Although it seems like the coppers are considered the best by a lot of people, I'm not ready to jump to them yet, plus everyone says they don't have as much bass as the Golds, and I really enjoy bass when listening to trance.

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #10 of 11
I heard them too, they sound great. The highs sounded colored and different from what I used to heard from my IEMs (hf5, X10, IE8) but it sound actually more "fun" even more than the IE8 in my opinion.

Jan 20, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #11 of 11
Well I just got them in, to be honest, I don't really notice much of a difference, but maybe its because I'm trying to be TOO critical of them? I asked my brother what he thought and said right away the Golds have clearer highs. I'm gonna have the A/B them for a while tonight to see if I can tell the difference myself.

As far as price goes, I got a sweet deal, they were $100 shipped (used) online and they're not fake :)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back