Monster; Miles Davis Tribute vs. Miles Davis Trumpets, how do they compare?
Jan 17, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #16 of 19
Sorry to bring up an ancient thread lol, but I just got the Monster Trumpets practically in new condition for £32 on eBay and they're awesome. Took some tip swapping but they are way better than I thought they were going to sound. They actually sound very much like the Final e4000, but more cohesive, less bass bloat and with better resolution, especially on the edges of the soundstage. Would they have represented the same value if I'd bought them at £242 when they first appeared... probably not, but if I'd paid £100-150 they wouldn't be out of place with sets at the similar price these days. Love the tip collection... they're going to be great with other sets in the collection :)
Back in the day, when the Trumpets were being sold new for $99 in clearance, I owned a pair and loved the sound too. They were $350 new, I think. Ebay seller says MD Tribute, but the photo of the Trumpets, including box etc. I ended up selling them for some reason (new IEms to try no doubt). Be careful where the cable meets the headphone, I recall some owners having them break. So they require gentle use. Not for out and about so much. In fact, I made an offer for them. Sorry for my wallet. If I get them at the price I offered, a steal.

Jan 17, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #17 of 19
Yeah, I find that they pair well with different tips. With the small size mushroom-shaped ones they were very bassy (but in a good way) and dark at first. When I experimented the treble opened up and the sound thinned out and detail was better. I ended up using these tips but I've no idea which earphone they came from lol. They narrow the soundstage a bit, but they have a good balance of being smooth yet still detailed, with nice snap up top. Amazing bargain especially with all accessories including the CD and box all in great condition.

trump1.jpg

trump2.jpg

Jan 17, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #18 of 19
Back in the day, when the Trumpets were being sold new for $99 in clearance, I owned a pair and loved the sound too. They were $350 new, I think. Ebay seller says MD Tribute, but the photo of the Trumpets, including box etc. I ended up selling them for some reason (new IEms to try no doubt). Be careful where the cable meets the headphone, I recall some owners having them break. So they require gentle use. Not for out and about so much. In fact, I made an offer for them. Sorry for my wallet. If I get them at the price I offered, a steal.

Appreciate the advice on the cable... funnily enough, I was using a bit more care than normal as the cable did seem a bit thinner and soft

Users who are viewing this thread

Back