Monster Miles Davis Jazz Deal
Feb 19, 2010 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

the search never ends

500+ Head-Fier
I goota say, patience with J&R wins every time.....Finally I got the deal I wanted (even surpassed it) in short, the set cost 260 dollars, I look forward to comparing them to the MTP pro gold/copper. I hope some of you that may be interseted can get a similar deal. My advice, hesitate, hesitate, heitate, don't push for your price, of your rep is motivated, they will eventually bring it down, the starting point is 299 free shipping, anyway, just for those that may want to Grab a pair, I hope this helps.

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #2 of 68
Wow! Down from $500 retail. Well done!

Look forward to the review.

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 68
ditto!

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:44 AM Post #5 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Maximus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I sure am curious to hear that review! Unfortantely the cost is back up to $399 through J&R presently.

You have to call and talk with a CS rep to get the best deal

Feb 21, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #8 of 68
Curious @ the search never ends: How much did you get them to down for the Coppers? Anyone edging the others out, even now, as your favorite? And why? Thanks.

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #9 of 68
Definitely interested in the some initial impressions of the MDs. I am planning on adding the MTP Cu to my collection in a few weeks (I have to have neutrality it seems, and the MTP Aus are really good), but want to see how the MDs compare. They seem like they should be similar to the MTPs, but if not, interested in where they are different, especially their reproduction of timbre compared to the MTPs.

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #10 of 68
I just ordered the Coppers @ Dobber...i Own the Ortofon e-q7 and the ie8. Man I hope the Copper doesn't disappoint. I had all of the top tier IEMs, and wasn't really crazy about any of them (really couldn't stand the TF10s) and the ES530 was just okay to me. I love the ie8 (and ie7, but rarely listen to it now). But I mainly listen to the Ortos then ie8. So I'm hoping the Coppers blow me away because the way they're been described is reference with bass (I have in mind that they will sound like the etymotics with bass. I have the HF5). We'll see.

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #11 of 68
impressions on the ortofon e-q7 and the copper please!
biggrin.gif
!

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #12 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
impressions on the ortofon e-q7 and the copper please!
biggrin.gif
!

Soon as i get it I will @ Jeffz... the copper that is.

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #13 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curious @ the search never ends: How much did you get them to down for the Coppers? Anyone edging the others out, even now, as your favorite? And why? Thanks.

I have some idea of what will end up being my favorite, but must reserve any comments, only had the copper 10 days, The MD set about 24 hours and 12 hours listening. I will say, i lost all track of time listening to the MD set.
And dreaded going to sleep at 6 am. I will make impressions known once I feel its a solid idea. Wednesday, my wife will be helping me do a trple blind test of the 3, with me wearing thin gloves to hide the feel of the MD set, which would give them away. I will use 3 seperate amps, and 3 seperate sources. A cmbridge CD player, and a Multi player, and finally listen througgh a regular 200 dollar dvd player. No dac will be used for the comparison. Edit.....sorry eric, the copper were 215 from onecall. J&R is only the best price ALMOST all the time.

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #14 of 68
Very interesting statement, I hate it when you don't want to stop listening to the music.

Wednesday is going to be highly anticipated around here...

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #15 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobber65 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very interesting statement, I hate it when you don't want to stop listening to the music.

Wednesday is going to be highly anticipated around here...

Really? I have noticed next to zero interest in the MTP or MD set on the forum, Which is too bad, I think they are worth a listen. Then again, I'm no shill, so I don't care either way, a few headfiers have showm interest in my impressions, so for those few, I will do everything possible to make the very most objective findings possible. The dozen or so interested aside, I wouldn't bother comparing them. I gotta sleep and take these MD's off again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back