Monster MD ?'s
Jan 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

jtack

Head-Fier
I just received my Monster Miles Davis from Amazon.com. I am hoping that because these are more than likely the second batch that is why there is no serial number on the box, y-split, etc. Am I wrong. It came with the CD, 2 packages of sealed supertips, tri-flanges, box, 2 little cases, something that looks like it hold earpiece tips. Is this real?

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #2 of 17
I gotta tell you that is not an IEM I would want to try and fake.  The aesthetics alone would be too much, then you would have to track down all the unique accessories.  Now if the CD says CD-R on it then maybe, but otherwise I think your good.

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 17

Quote:
I just received my Monster Miles Davis from Amazon.com. I am hoping that because these are more than likely the second batch that is why there is no serial number on the box, y-split, etc. Am I wrong. It came with the CD, 2 packages of sealed supertips, tri-flanges, box, 2 little cases, something that looks like it hold earpiece tips. Is this real?

it's the second batch, you bought it form amazon directly right?

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 17
I got my MD directly from Monster, around xmas time, and I can not find a serial number on the box. I am not sure what y-split is but I can post a pic , if it will help.

Jan 15, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 17
Jan 15, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #7 of 17
Snapple10, the y-split is there the 2 right and left wire meet up and become 1. The piece is gold and says miles davis on it. I guess the first batch has the serial number on it?

Thank you all for your quick responses, I am glad to know that they are real. No the turbines get sent back and these will get a good burn-in. So far like I said, out of the box they are really really good.

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
wow! the fake ones look like the real thing, man how can you tell the ones you got are fakes except by maybe comparing them.

yeah, it's pretty hard, well, main difference, fakes don't come with the full set of tips and the filter is inwards while the real one's filters have a slight bulge

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #10 of 17
[size=10pt]Thanks. Ok, no serial number on my y-split-second batch.[/size]
[size=10pt] Hopefully that means they have fixed the issues with ear piece separating. I have had to send back both my turbine and coppers - now I have them unopened because the MD is doing the trick, for now, at least.[/size]

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:20 PM Post #11 of 17

Quote:
[size=10pt] Hopefully that means they have fixed the issues with ear piece separating. I have had to send back both my turbine and coppers - now I have them unopened because the MD is doing the trick, for now, at least.[/size]

shell splitting only occurs on the turbines, the MD's don't have that issue, but the drivers are easier to break than others phones

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
Quote:

shell splitting only occurs on the turbines, the MD's don't have that issue, but the drivers are easier to break than others phones

That is good news. I really like the sound from the monster brand, I just could not stay away, even with sending back twice.

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
Are these guys really going out and buying Kind of Blue to include with their fakes, or is that one of the ways you can tell they are fake?

the album is included...except it usually ships outside the box

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #15 of 17
I got a fake MD in the post this morning!

Luckily the seller was unaware they were selling fakes and has refunded me fully. I do have to pay for postage to return the damn things though!

The Kind of Blue album included is also a fake and as buffalowings said, it was outside the IEM box. You can clearly tell by the print quality of the album sleeve and the MD box itself that they are fakes.

That's how I knew it was a copy before evening opening it. Once I did open it, it became even more obvious.

- The gold part of the casing is made from plastic not metal so the whole thing is lighter than it should be.
- The gold plastic is a different shade of gold to the gold bit near where the blue cable starts.
- Incorrect supplied tips
- Recessed filter
- Hard case is completely blue on the inside, real one has a black bit for tip storage.
- The other cases look cheap and shoddy. The red bit with the Monster logo on my fake is higher up than on the amazon photos.
- Finally, they sound cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back