Monster JAMZ
Jan 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 10
For that price, I'd try to find the Turbines for $100 rather than them.
Future Shop sometimes has sales on them, for $99, which is a good price.

Mar 2, 2010 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 10
A month later you will find this on sale for for $50 and then where will we be?

I say don't knock 'em until you try them. More expensive doesn't always mean better for your ears. I'm very interested in these, too but want to hear more about them. There is like absolutely no word on how they sound. I just like deep, growling bass and the Turbines had those, maybe these do, too. I'm not really into the "refined detailed tamed deep bass extension" that people usually look for in high-end headphones.

Gimme my dirty unrefined growling bass, and I find that cheaper headphones usually have that kind of bass. I'm thinking these will have that kind of bass.

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:26 AM Post #5 of 10
Hoping someone here has heard these, has nobody even just tried these out yet? In bad need of impressions, especially compared to the Turbines.

Mar 4, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #6 of 10
I have them and I like them quite a bit. I put 50+ hours of burn in before I really listened to them. They sound exactly like the turbine has been described - in my opinion. They are capable of subwoofer type bass, the bass is clean, the midrange is warm and clear, and the treble is nice and clean without harshness. I wish I could offer more comparisons, but I am new to the iem's. My history is more with grado 225 and a singlepower tube amp - that combo was super clear sounding with a nice warmth. Compared to the skullcandy titan they are warmer, much better in the midrange, the bass is well controlled, and the treble is much smoother. Compared to the rain they are more balanced, with a more open treble, while still having a nice warmth to them. I liked the rain, but in my opinion they sounded like someone threw a blanket over my home speakers. Just my opinion - I know a lot of people like them. I can only imagine what some of the upper iems are capable of - watch out wallet.

SeeYa

Mar 16, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #7 of 10
Thanks kak. Have you heard the Turbines? Do they sound like a twin of the Turbines? Because if they do then these are a killer phone. And since they're a little smaller than the TUrbines from what I can tell, I might be able to get a good fit out of them. I sold my Turbines because I had fit problems, but they sounded awesome. Cable was also wonky.

If the Jamz have the same sound as the Turbines (or even just close) and I can get a better fit (and better cable!) then I'm sold. But the way you described them is exactly how I would describe the Turbines.

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Will outperform any headphones in the price range.

Hmm. Sounds like typical marketing, but considering the level of engineering behind the last few monster IEMs they may actually be able to hit that claim. At least, they may after the price drops in a few months.

Sep 20, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #10 of 10
Ok check back stonyboy's link, i did a review about it few months back and hmm, on the sidenote there were a couple of incidental hiccups, think i jacked the jamz in to pc via a cheap logitech r4 speakers for like the whole day + overnight stay up, one side just were suddenly kapop! Next instance there was no sound and i was like "OMG! Jamz's Driver was knocked out, you're serious?!!" But the next morning i listened to it and the funny thing is i felt the whole mass of bass just shifted slightly from right to the left side and its pumping perfectly normal again lol, weird natural occurance of burn-in that i encountered with my jamz.

But that's likely not the case for others, Since i once heard that Monster's QC Checks were kinda irregular, every once and then you will chance upon a quirky pair compared to others lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back