Monster Jamz... FAKE?
Aug 25, 2010 at 6:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

hungboy88

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I bought a pair of monster jamz off ebay for 49.95usd with 28usd shipping (yes i have read not to buy earphones off ebay but i havent seen them in Australia D:) here is the listing http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110573581738&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_942wt_1139.
It came in a box covered with shrink wrap and had all the extras inside. They seem well built and have a nice weight to them but i have found that the two monster logos on the earpieces do not line up with each other, which brings up many questions about the authenticity of the earphones. Also i found that the sound they produced did not have the booming bass that monsters a renowned for, my skullcandy fmj had a much larger and beefier bass.I found that they just didnt sound right when i was listening to house music because they lacked bass, but they sounded quite clear when i listened to some rock music. I've posted some pics of them below, thanks for all your help :D

All of the stuff that came with the earphones:

The monster logos do not match up:

When they do match up, the earphones are at different positions:

Both of them are perfectly vertical and the "jamz" logo does not line up:

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #2 of 13
never heard of jamz fakes yet. they look genuine to me. Let them burn in for a week or two. the bass will come out a bit. Just so you know they are not bass monsters. They have tight controlled bass

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 13
I doubt they would be fakes if they have the steel housing. From what I've seen they usually to make fob plastic brands. I just checked mine that I bought from Harvey Norman (I'm in Australia) and the Monster symbol isn't lined up either, I think exactly the same as yours. Dont worry they probably aren't fake. As for the sound they have a more controlled bass like 2rooi123 said

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:14 AM Post #4 of 13
Also my Monsters came in same looking box with the same extras and in shrink wrap so don't worry. 
smile_phones.gif

Aug 30, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #5 of 13
Don't worry, those are legit. Monster uses that kind of packaging sometimes, even on the turbines, for which I paid 180 CAD.

I had the Jamz a few months ago, let them bur in a bit and you won't be disappointed. I can't remember for sure, but I think the Jamz logo on the top didn't line up either.

Enjoy the Jamz 
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #7 of 13
Sorry to burst in, but they could well be fake - the Chinese replicas are spot on with packaging, etc. I have had my fingers burnt with eBay a few times with Monster goods, so I started Googling and found DHGate.com - the biggest supplier of Chinese fakes to western consumers who then resell on eBay. 

Jamz are on there: http://www.dhgate.com/monster-jamz-high-performance-in-ear-headphones/p-ff8080812a79c40b012a79ffbcf9686b.html

:frowning2:

They even tell the buyers, "[size=medium]This is OEM/ high-copied version monster earphone, with good quality and perfect sounds. Once we get your order, we suppose you know this.[/size][size=small] [/size]" - they just don't include it on their eBay listings!!

Sep 1, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #8 of 13
OMG thank you so much for bringing that up @steveygaga 
i am actually having doubts now. I think the cable at the 3.5mm jack end is lose because the left bud only works when the cable is in a certain position. I have not been abusing them at all and they have only undergone regular use. Should i contact the seller or open a paypal dispute?

Sep 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
oh and is there anyway i can test the authenticity of these jamz?

Smash them with a hammer, they did it in one of those commercials and they didn't break.

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:52 PM Post #12 of 13
i know thread is a few month old. i think you got the real one,ive had about 10hrs burn in they just sound like crap. i dont like my jamz at all ,

you can tell if they are fake from the lil plastic handle on top

http://bbs.imp3.net/viewthread.php?tid=769263

i know its chinese you dont understand , there is a pic shows the fake pakage, the one plastic handle with 4 circles is real

these headphones have a really wired sound signature, they have these really  really wired Timbre i cant tell if its dark or harsh, but its not a normal nature sound

mine are bought at bestbuy, so they are 100% AUTHENTIC.

there is a reason why they are not popular, they dont sound natural, my english is not so good, i cant find a way to describ it ,

as a matter of fact they are so wired that i cant even describe it in my own language, i swear to god they sound so wired

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
i know thread is a few month old. i think you got the real one,ive had about 10hrs burn in they just sound like crap. i dont like my jamz at all ,

you can tell if they are fake from the lil plastic handle on top

http://bbs.imp3.net/viewthread.php?tid=769263

i know its chinese you dont understand , there is a pic shows the fake pakage, the one plastic handle with 4 circles is real

these headphones have a really wired sound signature, they have these really  really wired Timbre i cant tell if its dark or harsh, but its not a normal nature sound

mine are bought at bestbuy, so they are 100% AUTHENTIC.

there is a reason why they are not popular, they dont sound natural, my english is not so good, i cant find a way to describ it ,

as a matter of fact they are so wired that i cant even describe it in my own language, i swear to god they sound so wired

oh...and major issues with the durability/build quality...and no, random reviewer on youtube...the lack of strain reliefs does not mean quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back