Monster in-ears?
Feb 13, 2011 at 12:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

haarism

100+ Head-Fier
Now I don't know too much about in ear headphones as I've always been into over-ear headphones, but I'm thinking of getting a pair of in ears, now in the over ear world monster stuff is over-priced and considered pretty garbage (like the beats and etc)

Now after looking at headroom I noticed it's not the same with the in ears, what's the deal on this?

also I'm looking at headphones around 200 if someone could recommend something for me. I'm going to be using a 4th generation ipod touch and listen to mostly indie folk and rock, progressive metal, some jazz and classical and very little rap hip hop and electronic

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #2 of 5
The deal on this is that people have listened to them and decided that they're a sweet sounding IEM for the price. I've got a set of the regular Turbines on order after reading all the rave reviews on this forum.

You definitely have to overcome the "ick" factor of buying from a company that made its reputation (and fortune) selling ludicrously expensive cables to naive consumers. It's like the snake oil salesman comes back to town, but this time he's selling an ointment that really does work. Your skepticism is perfectly understandable.

Feb 13, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #3 of 5
Not all Monster IEMs are a good value and even the Turbines are overpriced a little at full MSRP. The upside is that sales and discounts are fairly common and the higher-end models do sound very good. Of the ones I've heard extensively"

Not worth buying at the prices I've seen: Lil' Jamz, Jamz, Beats by Dre
Worth buying when on sale: Turbines (<$80-100), Turbine Golds (<$160-180), Turbine Coppers (<$200), Monster MDs (<$250-300).

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #5 of 5
based on your kind of music, supposedly, you would  like something kinda bass-heavy
which etymotics are not, they got ety's cold analytical sound signature
and they have to be inserted deeply, may make you feel uncomfortable especially when you've always been into over-ear headphones.

Monster IEMs have more bass into them and sounds more fun for most of the people
and despite of heavy housings, they're quite comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back