Monster beats studio/ Sennheiser HD 380 pro/ Grados SR225i or Grados SR325is
Mar 10, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #31 of 34
The HD380 Pros have just enough bass so that you will be able to notice its presence. If you're looking for a more bassy headphone, these probably aren't for you. The HD380s particular shine in their detailed mids and highs. There is so much precision and clarity, and I've heard detail in music that I've never heard before. I also own the HD595s and HD448s, and I think these sound very much like the HD595s except it has less bass. As my source, I am using a Sony X1051 with a T3 portable amp, and they can easily be driven without an amp if you are wondering. But an amp really brings out great potential for these headphones. I listen to mostly classical, jazz, hip hop, and rock. They are the most detailed headphones I've heard along with the HD595s.

The sound isolation is great because there is just enough clamping force that's not too tight, so it's both comfortable and works great for sound isolation. They are not big headphones and are quite portable because they can fold up, and there is even a small carrying case if you are using them for travel. I think they would be great for you. However, the only thing that might be bothersome is the heavy coiled cord, but I found a way to fix this issue. I had a cable winder that came with my HD202s and was able to straighten the coiled cable so that I could shorten the length of it. Now it's a lot less heavy and a much more portable headphone.

Here is a review I did on head-fi on the HD380 Pros if you're interested in them:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ini...80-pro-475594/

Mar 10, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #32 of 34
I would suggest the sr225i. I got mine with a shorter cable and a 1/8 plug for my ipod. They're great phones for metal such as Maiden!

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisssssssss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD380 Pros have just enough bass so that you will be able to notice its presence. If you're looking for a more bassy headphone, these probably aren't for you. The HD380s particular shine in their detailed mids and highs. There is so much precision and clarity, and I've heard detail in music that I've never heard before. I also own the HD595s and HD448s, and I think these sound very much like the HD595s except it has less bass. As my source, I am using a Sony X1051 with a T3 portable amp, and they can easily be driven without an amp if you are wondering. But an amp really brings out great potential for these headphones. I listen to mostly classical, jazz, hip hop, and rock. They are the most detailed headphones I've heard along with the HD595s.

The sound isolation is great because there is just enough clamping force that's not too tight, so it's both comfortable and works great for sound isolation. They are not big headphones and are quite portable because they can fold up, and there is even a small carrying case if you are using them for travel. I think they would be great for you. However, the only thing that might be bothersome is the heavy coiled cord, but I found a way to fix this issue. I had a cable winder that came with my HD202s and was able to straighten the coiled cable so that I could shorten the length of it. Now it's a lot less heavy and a much more portable headphone.

Here is a review I did on head-fi on the HD380 Pros if you're interested in them:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ini...80-pro-475594/

hey, thanks a lot, really helped.

Mar 10, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would suggest the sr225i. I got mine with a shorter cable and a 1/8 plug for my ipod. They're great phones for metal such as Maiden!

yeah i know that grados are known for rock/metal but they're open headphones, which means no noise cancellation whatsoever, so can't use them while traveling. thats the only reason why im not considering any of the grados anymore. the hd380s sound good though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back