Monster beats Pro Vs Audio Technica M50x/40X
Jun 6, 2017 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Kader_trance

New Head-Fier
Hi guys , today i got a deal from my friend , he wants to sell His Monster Beats Pro coming from the UK for a good price (Like 100€) i've tried them for a day and as far i know they're not fake , the build quality is great and they didn't feel comortable at first use , it's in good condition other than some very minor scuffs , The sound was good to my hearing but i was not blown away or something i'm not an audiophile and i didn't tried High end headphones yet , bass is great tho , i listen mostly to Trance and Progressive and some House and Techno so 80% Electronic the reason i want a good Headphones is that i'm a Amateur DJ and i recently got a Traktor S2 MK2 Controller , i went to various forums and even in Youtube these MBP recieved so so much hate , a point where i didnt trust the recommendations there,some saying that these MBP are so shity and they are distorted af and even the fakes are better sounding , find 80% of the answers not helping at all just hating on a Thing they never tried aprently , thats why i want a real recommendation from you .

The thing is i live in a north African country where i wan't find the Audio Technica or a good store here , anything is overpriced there and my budget is limited. so i need to wait a long time before i can get these from Eu.

So what do you think , should i take this MBP or wait and get an ATH-40X or maybe 50X in the future.

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #2 of 6
If you're an amateur DJ and looking for a good set of headphones to mix with, you're not going to want the Monster Beats Pro.

The bass is boosted and muddy, the mids are not accurate, and the treble is rolled off. As a result, when you mix with them, your mix is going to sound good with your Monster Beats, but as soon as you take them to another setup (car stereo, desktop speakers, etc), the bass will be nonexistent and the mids and treble will be shouty.

You're much better off spending a bit more money to get a headphone with a more linear frequency response :)

Jun 8, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #3 of 6
M40x is more neutral and "better" than the 50's but that's typically the argument for music listening. Either way, both Audio-Technica offerings are much better and more respected than Beats

Jun 19, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 6
Thank you guys for the response , then i'll better start saving my money and get the 50X or why not the 40X :)

One more question about the bass , when i tried the Beats i really liked the bass even when mixing when i adjust the Low EQ i feel the bass growing up with the Beats perfectly , does my basshead will be satisfied with the 50X ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back