Monster Beats Pro or Senn HD 25 II?
Dec 24, 2011 at 2:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

JohnFrank

New Head-Fier
Hi, could you compare these headphones? Monster Beats Pro/Detox or HD 25 II... I don't care prize or construction (design). I care about only sound quality. Thanks

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 23
if you dont care about price and style then your avatar is wrong.

The HD25-II by a mile. monster is absolute trash for the price offered. if they costed 90 bucks then it would be fine.

Dec 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 23
And these Monster is absolute trash because you are hear it? Or because just Monster Beats? I want to hear the experiences of people who use them... I was not interested in hypothesis. I want to hear real experiences.

Dec 25, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #5 of 23
Go for the HD25 or the M-80. The Beats Pro's price is too much for the sound quality they offered. :)

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #6 of 23

Quote:
And these Monster is absolute trash because you are hear it? Or because just Monster Beats? I want to hear the experiences of people who use them... I was not interested in hypothesis. I want to hear real experiences.

You're asking people who spend hundreds in headphones. I think you can trust them. From PERSONAL experience, I do have the HD25s, and I have demo'd the Beats at bestbuy (all 3 of them). The Solo's were just absolute crap. Studio's were okay. Pro's were better than the Studios, but they were still all inferior to the HD25 (which is ~$30 cheaper than the Solos, ~$130 cheaper than the Studios, and ~$230 cheaper than the Pros).

Why?

Solos = Build quality is terrible, fit is uncomfortable, sound quality.. no. Bass is waaaaaaay too muddy.

Studios = same as above basically but the bass was less muddy from what I recall.

Pros = Build quality is actually pretty nice with the metal its made of, but still, for $400/500, may as well go for higher end stuff.

And they're all overpriced, if I haven't specifically mentioned that.

+ my friend had the Studio's too, so it wasn't just bestbuy's version.

Dec 26, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #7 of 23

Quote:

I heard the Monster Beats Studio and headphones that cost 6x less from Audio-Technica, Shure, AKG, Sennheiser sounds better. Monster are not trash, Beats are. The Monster Turbine line are by far the best line of models they have. But the Beats are nothing but overpriced headphones targeted to people who only want style and don't care about sound quality. And by the way, ALL Beats headphones leak out a lot of sound. If that helps...

Dec 26, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #8 of 23
When I demo'ed the beats pro, and the HD's Not the II, as the ones that were there were the adidas ones.

I have to say, yes the sennheisers were cheaper, but their bass was really rolled off, and the mids and high weren't all that good - on top of that the ear cup wasn't big enough for my liking.

Beats pro are very good IMO, but very over-priced at the same time.
have you looked into the DENON D2000's at all?
Those were very good indeed - I was thinking about getting a pair of headphones, and was stuck between the beats pro/detox and the d2000's - People seem to prefer and rate the d2000's more, and looking at the graphs it explains why.
However the bass to me felt distant and for me, I prefer bass to be in my face, and that was what the beats pro provided to my ears, as it felt "closer to home"

I haven't seen one person on head-fi recommend monster products, apart from the MTPG/C's....+ over here they love sennheiser products for some reason lol

PS.
I decided not to buy any headphones, as I wouldn't use them at the end, so it would be a waste of money.

Also note:
This is the wrong part of the forum you posted in - this is for in-ears, now full size cans.

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:44 AM Post #10 of 23
Thank you all... This is what I needed to hear.

Yes, I know, I'm in wrong part of forum. I noticed it too late.

I have B&W P5 headphones at home, but I want something circumarual and more bass. And Denon.. I tried them, sound great, but they look like very cheap. Yes, I admit that Monster Beats attracted primarily by they looks. Solo and Studio I don't care... :) I like only Pro model.

So once again thank you all...

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #11 of 23
The question is: which genres of music do you listen to? If you listen to bass heavy music, such as hip hop, the Beats might be good. If you listen to pop/rock/metal the Sennheisers are much better (since you won't have a veil of flabby bass covering the mids).

If you listen to guitar driven music, I'd recommend Audio Technica ES7. It might be difficult to find and slightly over priced in Europe compared to Japan, but the mids on them absolutely shine with any type of rock music. They are less detailed then my HD25 1:II and ES10, but there is something about the mids on the ES7 that I just love. If you are prepared to go up to $400, you could always go for the ES10. They have a very strong bass, but unlike the Beats, the bass is an actual part of the music instead of the main attraction...

EDIT: well, I think this might be the right forum after all. We are talking about portable headphones that you can use outside with your MP3-player/cell phone?

Dec 26, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #12 of 23
If you don't mind the weight and size of the Beats Pro, then the price should not be an issue as long as you like it. But I'll take the sennheiser HD-25 for it's portability, cost less than half the price of the Beats Pro... And sounds fantastic as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back