Monster Beats Lady GaGa Heartbeats for my lil sister (year 6)??
Aug 29, 2011 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

sulkoudai

500+ Head-Fier
my lil sisters birthdays coming up, and my mom asked me what headphones should she get my sister.  (she's using her pink V Moda Vibe that was 15 bucks off ebay, real ones)

first headphones that came in to my mind was the: Klipsch S4, V Moda Vibe 2 (she likes v moda and their design), NuForce NE6/7m,  and some others (please tell me if there are others i should consider)

then, i remembered seeing Monster Beats Lady GaGa Heartbeats on Amazon for 60 bucks, i checked if it ships to Australia and i asked my sister how she thought of it (we are the sort of family that doesn't like surprises, we ask before we buy the present)

She's a anti-Monster girl (yes, she knows the truth, she also knows that Bose and Skullcandy is crap as well) but she just couldn't resist the name 'Lady GaGa Heartbeats' and the design.

But she isn't stupid, she said if they sound considerably worse than the headphones that i liked (klipsch, etc) don't get them.

so i was wondering, has anyone tried them?? i can't find any where in Adelaide to try them. And how are they for 60 bucks??

btw, is shipping from amazon to aus free? its not from another seller, its from amazon themselves.

Aug 29, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #3 of 17
Yes it is definitely worse than the S4. Listened to it once and gave up, muddy sound and bass, non-existent highs, only redeeming factor is the excellent bass and low mids texture

Aug 29, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 17
Get her a JH13 ? Thats what Lady GaGa use on stage. 
wink_face.gif

Aug 29, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #8 of 17

Quote:
6 years old or 6th grade? Either way, the important thing is avoiding hearing damage rather than sound quality. Just something to keep in mind and talk to her about.

Just another reason to get her those $1100 customs 
atsmile.gif

Edit: on a more serious note, get her something that isolates

Aug 29, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=201114284040&set=a.251648719040.136838.132292234040&type=1&theater

Its here

wow.. well, her fans don't hear everything at least she does

Aug 29, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #11 of 17
Why not just something like the Monster Turbines?  They may be Monster, but that doesn't make them bad.

...or you could just check out one of Dunu's awesome-looking pairs.  The Trident looks pretty nice.

Aug 29, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #13 of 17
She's that young and knows the Monster bashing? How? Just curious. As for the Monster Gaga, I REALLY doubt they will be any good. I had hope that the Monster Beats Pros might actually be worth buying and testing at home and I was absolutely disappointed at it's sub-$150 sounding quality for being $400. I doubt a cheaper in-ear would be any better.

If she wants the Lady Gaga one, just get it for her. If anything, hearing all that painful distortion may be motivation for her to keep the volume low. She'd like the nice packaging and extra Lady Gaga stuff too.

Monster Turbines are good though. Sometimes you can snag them for $35 at the Monster site refurbished, which I gave as presents to my girlfriend and cousin (also a girl) and they both loved it.

Aug 29, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #14 of 17
She's that young and knows the Monster bashing? How? Just curious. As for the Monster Gaga, I REALLY doubt they will be any good. I had hope that the Monster Beats Pros might actually be worth buying and testing at home and I was absolutely disappointed at it's sub-$150 sounding quality for being $400. I doubt a cheaper in-ear would be any better.

If she wants the Lady Gaga one, just get it for her. If anything, hearing all that painful distortion may be motivation for her to keep the volume low. She'd like the nice packaging and extra Lady Gaga stuff too.

Monster Turbines are good though. Sometimes you can snag them for $35 at the Monster site refurbished, which I gave as presents to my girlfriend and cousin (also a girl) and they both loved it.

Lol yeah, she doesn't like beats cause I've told her that it's bad so many times.

If they are that bad, Ill just get her the Klipsch. She likes the design of the Klipsch as well.

Aug 30, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #15 of 17
yep, she said she wants the Klipsch S4 over the Heartbeats. probably the first ever 11 year old girl to make that decision. She cares about sq more than design and brand name.

lol, weird girl....

i think I've made her a future Head Fier, god i need to stop talking about headphones to my sister....if only my dad lived with us....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back