Monster Beats Dr. Dre Tour Fakes
Mar 25, 2011 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

copalderey

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've been lurking around headfi for a while now, constantly reading ClieOS and Joker's and ohter very insightful members. So this will be my first post evar!

So I'm really undecided on a pair of fake Monster Beats Tour Dr Dre. I can get it for USD20. I heard the sound quality of the fakes aren't too far off the originals. So instead of selling a kidney, I thought why not go for the fakes.

So do you guys think USD20 for the immitation Dr Dre beats tour by Monster is a good buy?

Mar 25, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #4 of 17
I only want an IEM as of now :) Has anyone here listened to the Fake Dr. Dre Tour? How do they compared to Seinhesser CX300 and Creative EP630 and any other sub $30 IEMs?

Quote:
If you want to spend only $20 - then get Koss KSC75.  You'll see alot of Head-Fiers have this one at one time or another.

$15 from Amazon.

Quote:
^That or, spend it on some new music.

Mar 25, 2011 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 17
There isn't a brand of real earphones and a brand of fake earphones.  The real ones would have a set standard but fake earphones would have different standards and you can pretty much get any quality.

Also, Head-Fi is mainly a website for first and foremost people that like their music.  So I think it would be unlikely for people to buy fake headphones.

Really read through with Joker's thread on IEMs if you really want IEMs and find something there.  It would be a good place to start rather than asking about fake headphones.

Mar 25, 2011 at 7:33 AM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
There isn't a brand of real earphones and a brand of fake earphones.  The real ones would have a set standard but fake earphones would have different standards and you can pretty much get any quality.

Also, Head-Fi is mainly a website for first and foremost people that like their music.  So I think it would be unlikely for people to buy fake headphones.

Really read through with Joker's thread on IEMs if you really want IEMs and find something there.  It would be a good place to start rather than asking about fake headphones.

To be fair, the fakes are to me, just like another IEM. I don't give a rat's a** about paying my hard earned money to Monster Cable Inc or any other manufacturer just for the Copyright issues.

And the quality control for IEMs should be pretty tight, regardless of what manufacturer you're focusing. And rumours has it that the fake monster products are actually manufactured by the same Chinese OEM manufacturer for Original Monster. No surprise here.

I hope you understand, that people like me who can't even afford to go to the movies on a weekly basis can't pay homage to BIG BRANDS. I'd just wanna get to the most cost-effective solution I can find.

Mar 25, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #8 of 17
The only worth the fakes are is to show off to random people on the street.  I imagine the drivers are all different, and most people don't even think the real ones sound all that great for the price.  If there's a sound signature you like, I'm sure the regulars can give you multiple suggestions based on your price range.

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #9 of 17

Quote:
Hey guys, I've been lurking around headfi for a while now, constantly reading ClieOS and Joker's and ohter very insightful members. So this will be my first post evar!

So I'm really undecided on a pair of fake Monster Beats Tour Dr Dre. I can get it for USD20. I heard the sound quality of the fakes aren't too far off the originals. So instead of selling a kidney, I thought why not go for the fakes.

So do you guys think USD20 for the immitation Dr Dre beats tour by Monster is a good buy?

since you've been lurking around, you should know how overpriced Monster products are.
why get an imitation? if you're going for sound, you would probably be spending more.
IMHO, 20USD can't get you something decent enough.

Mar 25, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #10 of 17
I actually own a SoundMagic PL11 which costs $15-20. And I must say I'm really impressed with the qualities it has since I am a basshead.

Then a few years later, I started to own a FA Eterna V.1 which costs $80 which I'm really satisfied. Of course the Eterna excels at all areas compared to the PL11. But IMHO, I don't feel it warrants an extra $60 for such a miniscule upgrade over the PL11. If I was given the chance to turn back time, I would NOT have bought the Eternas LOL.

I enjoy warm mids, extended bass (to the sub-bass head trembling spectrum) and slightly recessed vocals with great separation. The Eterna satisfies me in all except the separation and clarity.

Yea, but anyway, I still believe that a $20 IEM can do miracles, as seen with my PL11.

Mar 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #11 of 17
I purchased a pair of Fake Beats from iOffer.com. The first pair that was sent to me had a short in the left speaker. Surprisingly, they sent me another pair and this time the sound in the left speaker is quieter than the right. Although I'm not going to ask for a third pair, that alone tells you about "quality control".

The sound quality is comparable to a pair of JVC Gummies, just with a more recessed mid-range creating a "vaccum" effect. Overall, a pair of MeElec M6's, JVC Marshmellows, etc.  would have been a far better buy. Granted, neither of those pairs have that "look", they offer surprising sound quality for $20. (although the clear M6's look far more expensive than $20)

Is it worth the "look" if the headphones sound like crap?

Mar 25, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #12 of 17

Quote:
To be fair, the fakes are to me, just like another IEM. I don't give a rat's a** about paying my hard earned money to Monster Cable Inc or any other manufacturer just for the Copyright issues.

And the quality control for IEMs should be pretty tight, regardless of what manufacturer you're focusing. And rumours has it that the fake monster products are actually manufactured by the same Chinese OEM manufacturer for Original Monster. No surprise here.

I hope you understand, that people like me who can't even afford to go to the movies on a weekly basis can't pay homage to BIG BRANDS. I'd just wanna get to the most cost-effective solution I can find.

Then, just go ahead and get the fake Tours. It sounds like you came here posting because you want us to agree with you (or convince us) that the quality of Tour fakes = quality of the real Tour so you don't feel like you've wasted your $20, movie money, or whatever. That's probably not going to happen.

Mar 26, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #14 of 17
The fakes are most definitely not the same as the genuine Tours. I had a pair of the fakes and i tossed them. i own a pair of genuine and there is no comparison. I like them but I bought them from Monster refurbished for 1/3 of the retail price. I may not be able to recommend them at $150 but I know I can't recommend the fakes at even $20.

Mar 27, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
The fakes are most definitely not the same as the genuine Tours. I had a pair of the fakes and i tossed them. i own a pair of genuine and there is no comparison. I like them but I bought them from Monster refurbished for 1/3 of the retail price. I may not be able to recommend them at $150 but I know I can't recommend the fakes at even $20.

You probably had the "C" quality fakes. I was messing around with fakes one day and I bought 3 different types of the Tours and Coppers. There is "A", "B" and "C" quality ones. I must say I was impressed by how nice the "A" quality fake actually sounded. However, that was priced at about $100. Worth the price? No.

Should you really want to get the Tours, IMHO the refurbed ones are probably the price they're worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back