Monoprice Monolith M565 immpresions
Sep 8, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #2 of 221
Monolith M565 Planar Headphones $199.99

247332.jpg

Open, Planar Magnetic, 66mm, 10W (for 200ms), SPL >130dB, 10Hz ~ 45kHz, < 1% at 1mW; 1kHz, 32 ohms, 102dB / 1mW, 200mW - 4W, 0.7 lbs. (335g)

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #7 of 221
I'm surprised how little has been said here. I just got a pair and I will take a while to listen before saying too much, but for now: Comfort is excellent. Build quality seems solid so far. Sound is great in the first bit of listening. I'm very impressed with the bass quality and quantity, but I'm no bass-head. Similar, as you might expect, to other planars like the HiFiMan. I haven't heard the other Monoprice planars so I can't compare it to them. I was hoping they would offer an even bigger soundstage, but I might be unrealistic in my expectations. We'll see after a few more weeks of listening.

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #9 of 221
from amazon -
ByPallpoulon October 7, 2017
I recently acquired the Monolith M565 Directly from Monoprice. I have been using the M1060 as I have fallen in love with their sound.

The M565 look somehow much more similar to the M1060's then the M560. I own both, and now the all 3. I have to say the M565 is a step above the M560, having a larger driver (66 mm), producing a more airy and cleared overall sound. They fall a hair short , yet very close, to the full sound of the M1060, however they are much lighter to wear, and feel sturdier.

The sound is really enjoyable, I am not an audiophile, I just enjoy music and sounds, and to my ears the M565 sounded better then MY Sennheiser 600, with enjoyable highs, and a tight bass. They do sound a bit similar to, yet more open with wider soundstage, to the HiFiMan 400i I so much enjoy listening too.

The included cable is of good quality and acceptable length, and snaps tightly to the headphone. Monoprice should color code them or use a black labeling on them as u can not easily differentiate right from left side.

I used my Schiit Jotenheim, and my DarkVvoice 336SE to power them, both sounded excellent with amazing sound, however I find myself biased to tubes sound.
The wood finish, smooth metal, sturdy construction, and nice feel attests to the fin workmanship Monoprice has invested in the M565.

They coms in a nice box, usable case, and I feel the overall construction has taken into account the omissions on previous versions.

The Headphone grip is tight enough w/o being hard. the pads are soft and comfortable, and removable, w/o any sticky glue.
All in all, you have to make the final judgment on the sound, but to my ears, it was like hearing the M1060, in a lighter, less cumbersome headphone, although at some small sacrifice in sound stage (narrower), yet holding on to the great acoustic attributes to the much larger M1060.
amazing sound.

This one, I am keeping, no questions about it.

Nov 9, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #10 of 221
from amazon -
ByPallpoulon October 7, 2017
I recently acquired the Monolith M565 Directly from Monoprice. I have been using the M1060 as I have fallen in love with their sound.

The M565 look somehow much more similar to the M1060's then the M560. I own both, and now the all 3. I have to say the M565 is a step above the M560, having a larger driver (66 mm), producing a more airy and cleared overall sound. They fall a hair short , yet very close, to the full sound of the M1060, however they are much lighter to wear, and feel sturdier.

The sound is really enjoyable, I am not an audiophile, I just enjoy music and sounds, and to my ears the M565 sounded better then MY Sennheiser 600, with enjoyable highs, and a tight bass. They do sound a bit similar to, yet more open with wider soundstage, to the HiFiMan 400i I so much enjoy listening too.

The included cable is of good quality and acceptable length, and snaps tightly to the headphone. Monoprice should color code them or use a black labeling on them as u can not easily differentiate right from left side.

I used my Schiit Jotenheim, and my DarkVvoice 336SE to power them, both sounded excellent with amazing sound, however I find myself biased to tubes sound.
The wood finish, smooth metal, sturdy construction, and nice feel attests to the fin workmanship Monoprice has invested in the M565.

They coms in a nice box, usable case, and I feel the overall construction has taken into account the omissions on previous versions.

The Headphone grip is tight enough w/o being hard. the pads are soft and comfortable, and removable, w/o any sticky glue.
All in all, you have to make the final judgment on the sound, but to my ears, it was like hearing the M1060, in a lighter, less cumbersome headphone, although at some small sacrifice in sound stage (narrower), yet holding on to the great acoustic attributes to the much larger M1060.
amazing sound.

This one, I am keeping, no questions about it.

Is there enough differences sound wise to justify both the M1060 which I already have and the M565? I don't really care about weight and comfort as I find the 1060 to be extremely comfortable.

Does the 565 do anything different? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Nov 12, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #12 of 221
Well I got a pair... I will put it lightly. If you like the sound of the m1060 then stay far away from the m565. I played a selection of tracks that I always use when I get new headphones and man just no treble at all. It was missing the fullness I loved so much in the m1060. Just to make sure it wasn't my imagination I switched to the 1060s and wow what a difference. I have not heard the 560s so I do not know how they will compare there. But I got these and it has bass actually close to the 1060 and soundstage is great also. Then we hit the mids and they sound decent, maybe a bit muddy and then the treble is just not there. I did some EQing but I gave up after a while. They are headed back tomorrow.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. As far as build goes it is similar to the 1060 but better due to the smaller size... It just seems sturdier and like it will last longer before something goes wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back