Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
Oct 24, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #5,041 of 5,150
Nov 1, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #5,042 of 5,150
Today I got 5670 adaptors to put the tubes I bought for another amp into the LP
The tubes where good in the previous amp but in the LP a noise in the right ear like the wind blowing when no track was playing.
The sound was nice from the GE 5670.A controlled bass but not as good sound stage as the brimars.
But like an idiot I bumped my head on my atoms speaker while unplugging the tubes,at that point I put the old tubes and called it a day.
I am pretty sure it is the adaptor
Now I was wondering
Looking at the LP from the front is the right tube socket for the right ear and vice versa ?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #5,043 of 5,150
Another classic ‘hand-in-glove’ pairing involving LP:
97A58B9E-EF24-4B07-91D6-60C5135CD98A.jpeg

Nov 5, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #5,044 of 5,150
…. Would a 2-night stay at Lindinsfarne with dog, without you, get you more ‘brownie points’ / ‘spouse capital’? … 🤔🤣
I made it to Lindinsfarne
IMG_4221.jpg

I am in the good books so another toy may be on the horizon
dog looks happy as well

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #5,046 of 5,150

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #5,047 of 5,150
• Hello LPers: I will be selling a Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum - with Pulse Tube Store 12Axx —> E88CC adapters installed - and a pair of RCA ‘Cleartop’ 12AU7s.
• I am waiting for the multi-factor authorisation process to become effective for posting listings (one hour).
• Also, a Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Gold.

Nov 22, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #5,048 of 5,150
• Hello LPers: I will be selling a Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum - with Pulse Tube Store 12Axx —> E88CC adapters installed - and a pair of RCA ‘Cleartop’ 12AU7s.
• I am waiting for the multi-factor authorisation process to become effective for posting listings (one hour).
• Also, a Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Gold.
:scream:

Dec 7, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #5,049 of 5,150
Quick questions guys. Could I run 6N1P tubes on my LP? I know they need probably twice the power as the 7308 tubes I have on it right now. Just curious.

Dec 7, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #5,051 of 5,150
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #5,052 of 5,150
Quick questions guys. Could I run 6N1P tubes on my LP? I know they need probably twice the power as the 7308 tubes I have on it right now. Just curious.
It is OK to use 6DJ8 / 6922 / 7208 / E88CC in lieu of 6N1P (e.g. Schiit Valhalla 2) but not vice versa.

Dec 8, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #5,053 of 5,150
Sorry I have to copy my message from LP tube rolling topic, panicking:

"Do you guys know what could've happened to my LP? My local retailer gave me some "PCC88s" on top of few tube deals and when I got home I put those in to try them first. Well, they weren't PCC88s but PC88s. Didn't take too long after turning the amp on when some weird noise came out of the amp and just a tad bit of smoke, just to see some against dark background. After that I of course turned the thing off etc. but when trying to put it back on with 6922s, the red light didn't turn white after that puff of light smoke. I opened up the amp, there was literally no smoke trails or any melt down components, at least with my eye, I couldn't find anything special. What happened? It even warms up those 6922s (don't worry, I'm not re-starting it over and over again, just once so I could diagnose if the light works, if the tubes warm up etc. and everything else seems to be working but the light turning white and the audio to come through. Thanks already!"

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #5,054 of 5,150

"Do you guys know what could've happened to my LP? My local retailer gave me some "PCC88s" on top of few tube deals and when I got home I put those in to try them first. Well, they weren't PCC88s but PC88s. Didn't take too long after turning the amp on when some weird noise came out of the amp and just a tad bit of smoke, just to see some against dark background. After that I of course turned the thing off etc. but when trying to put it back on with 6922s, the red light didn't turn white after that puff of light smoke. I opened up the amp, there was literally no smoke trails or any melt down components, at least with my eye, I couldn't find anything special. What happened? It even warms up those 6922s (don't worry, I'm not re-starting it over and over again, just once so I could diagnose if the light works, if the tubes warm up etc. and everything else seems to be working but the light turning white and the audio to come through. Thanks already!"
This ripped out a piece of my heart. Oooof!

Dec 8, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #5,055 of 5,150

Well I have no idea but smoke is never good. Perhaps tubes the did something to the current on the bottom of the circuit board, not the top. If the amp is no longer automatically giving output (since the LP is a hybrid it doesn't just let you hear the tubes warming up it will just open the signal for you to hear once it is ready) then the amp might be gone, sadly. If you still have warranty you could send it to fix it. There have been quite a few people who have had their power supplies crap out on the LP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back