Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
Sep 13, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #4,996 of 5,150
After a week off the new tubes breaking in I am loving what I am hearing
a good example was
I went to a local festival on Saturday the diggers festival in Wigan
It is a small event to celebrate Gerard Winstanly the only man to have a bust in The White House and the Kremlin
There was a folk band on called Vision Thing and they had a lady singer with the most beautiful voice
I came home and listened to the band on Qbuz and the LP replicated her voice perfectly

Sep 14, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #4,997 of 5,150
Sep 27, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #5,000 of 5,150
… Liquid Platinum as a superb partner to Neumann NDH-30 … ☑️
3C2AA854-76A3-4110-86D2-7E06E82F1EEC.jpeg
[Tubes: Telefunken ‘red-tip, medical-grade’ ECC82]

Sep 27, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #5,001 of 5,150
… Liquid Platinum as a superb partner to Neumann NDH-30 … ☑️ 3C2AA854-76A3-4110-86D2-7E06E82F1EEC.jpeg [Tubes: Telefunken ‘red-tip, medical-grade’ ECC82]
My friend has really been recommending these headphones for some time. The reviews are good, and hearing that it works well with this amp raises my interest level!

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #5,002 of 5,150
IMG_3127.jpeg

A very nice first album, a wide airy sound with the HE1000’s through the Liquid Platinum amp.

Sep 30, 2023 at 1:19 AM Post #5,003 of 5,150
Never used a preamp before till today and I noticed bigger? more accurate? soundstage than before. My setup is source -> questyle cma15 preamp -> LP -> Utopia 22
I read online that I should keep the source(digital) and amp (LP) volume to max and control listening level through pre-amp. Is that correct? Would it be safe to keep LP at max volume?

Sep 30, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #5,004 of 5,150
Never used a preamp before till today and I noticed bigger? more accurate? soundstage than before. My setup is source -> questyle cma15 preamp -> LP -> Utopia 22
I read online that I should keep the source(digital) and amp (LP) volume to max and control listening level through pre-amp. Is that correct? Would it be safe to keep LP at max volume?
No, you should use the amp. The preamp should be used to set the line level to the point to maximize amp performance without clipping. By maxing the amp, you could be pushing / stressing it and cause distortion, and waste power. Using a preamp to control volume is for situations where you are using active speakers, or another powered system, and you need one central place to control volume. It's the Plan B option. :)

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #5,005 of 5,150
No, you should use the amp. The preamp should be used to set the line level to the point to maximize amp performance without clipping. By maxing the amp, you could be pushing / stressing it and cause distortion, and waste power. Using a preamp to control volume is for situations where you are using active speakers, or another powered system, and you need one central place to control volume. It's the Plan B option. :)
Agreed. I never push the volume to the max on any component, you can introduce too much distortion and the tube amp already runs hot.

Sep 30, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #5,006 of 5,150
Noted! thank you

Sep 30, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #5,007 of 5,150
I got the car back and the bill was less than £500(I even rang them back and asked had they made a mistake)
So I fancy a new pair of headphones
I have a few idea but one that sticks out is the focal clear MG pro
Fostex TH-909 and the Meze 109 pro primal
Has any one had experience of the focal clear MG pro on the LP?
But I want a old Land Rover 2 or 3
Wife would kill me if new headphone turn up and a old old dripping Land Rover on the drive.

Oct 1, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #5,010 of 5,150
I got the car back and the bill was less than £500(I even rang them back and asked had they made a mistake)
So I fancy a new pair of headphones
I have a few idea but one that sticks out is the focal clear MG pro
Fostex TH-909 and the Meze 109 pro primal
Has any one had experience of the focal clear MG pro on the LP?
But I want a old Land Rover 2 or 3
Wife would kill me if new headphone turn up and an old old dripping Land Rover on the drive.
I had the regular Focal Clear on my Liquid Platinum. The amp drove it well, loud and clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back