Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum - By Alex Cavalli
May 20, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #2,131 of 5,150
Right on the Monoprice.com product page... Main page, scroll down towards the bottom, says "warranty 1 year replacement". It's a photo, not text, so you won't find it if you do a "Ctrl+F" search for warranty.
I see that, what I meant is, where else? Is it in the manual or on the box? I don't have either with me, at work, and was just curious. I will look at both, when I get home.

Did anyone take a screen shot, of the warranty, when it said 5 years? I would love to see that!

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #2,132 of 5,150
Chatting with Monoprice, right now, and gave them my order #, and the agent came back and said it was only 1 year? I ask if he could look again, and ask his supervisor, and I am waiting. . .and he came back and said they were aware of the warranty change, but that it was only good for 1 year?

I am not satisfied with this answer, and will be digging further!

May 20, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #2,133 of 5,150
Correction!

After further chatting, with the agent, they came back and said that indeed it is 5 years, and that they are going to correct the web page. I have saved the conversion, just in case they try to say otherwise.

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #2,134 of 5,150
Correction!

After further chatting, with the agent, they came back and said that indeed it is 5 years, and that they are going to correct the web page. I have saved the conversion, just in case they try to say otherwise.
Thank you for your investigative work. Hopefully this doesn't become an issue later when people start having issues and try to open warranty claims.

EDIT: I'm sure Monoprice knew full well what they were doing when the warranty picture on the product page was changed. There'd be no reason to even look at changing it unless it was intentional. This seems very sketchy to me. Of course, as long as they honor the 5 year warranties that the earlier units had, then it will fine. I wonder how they're keeping track of that, if at all.

Last edited:
May 20, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #2,135 of 5,150
Thank you for your investigative work. Hopefully this doesn't become an issue later when people start having issues and try to open warranty claims.

EDIT: I'm sure Monoprice knew full well what they were doing when the warranty picture on the product page was changed. There'd be no reason to even look at changing it unless it was intentional. This seems very sketchy to me. Of course, as long as they honor the 5 year warranties that the earlier units had, then it will fine. I wonder how they're keeping track of that, if at all.

I'm almost certain they did this same thing earlier with the M1060 or M560 headphones or at least i read it on one of those threads and this was a year ago or so. They should give out a warranty card as opposed to a graphic on a website that does who's knows what over 5 years. Hopefully Monoprice sticks to its warranty word.

May 20, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #2,136 of 5,150

I took screen shots, of the conversion with Monoprice, just to have as a backup. Until I see it changed on the product page, I believe there will be issues. I really hope they get it corrected, because any bad press, really takes away, from how awesome this amp really is.

May 20, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #2,137 of 5,150
I still would love to have a screenshot, where it said 5 years, for backup, but it seems they have been scrubbed, from the web? or I just can't find one. . .

May 20, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #2,138 of 5,150
I'm almost certain they did this same thing earlier with the M1060 or M560 headphones or at least i read it on one of those threads and this was a year ago or so. They should give out a warranty card as opposed to a graphic on a website that does who's knows what over 5 years. Hopefully Monoprice sticks to its warranty word.
It did, with the m1060. I chatted in and had to verify the 5 year warranty and posted about it here. Can't verify if that withheld because I never had to use the warranty.

May 20, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #2,139 of 5,150
I took screen shots, of the conversion with Monoprice, just to have as a backup. Until I see it changed on the product page, I believe there will be issues. I really hope they get it corrected, because any bad press, really takes away, from how awesome this amp really is.
To be completely fair to Monoprice, the new 1 year time-frame is a pretty standard warranty. The 5 year warranty was longer than most warranties I've come across in this hobby. Like, I'm happy with the 2 years that I get from Focal and that's not even half of the original 5 years Monoprice was giving the Platinum.

The problem is that they switched it quietly and I've dealt with them enough to know that they will try to use the 1 year excuse not to replace items that were purchased when it was 5 years. They will usually take care of you, but it requires persistence on your end to get them to go through with it. They're very reluctant to send replacements or give refunds.
Both times I've had to either return or replace an item, I had to follow up with them a second time just to even get a response to my claim.
Another time, I just tried to get replacement tubes for the Platinum because one of them died on me in the first 5 minutes of use. After a week of back and forth, they finally said they'd send me replacement tubes but it'd take a really long time because it had to go through their parts department. After that I replied if I need to send the nonfunctional ones back and I got no response. At this point, it has been 6 months and I've given up on ever receiving the replacement stock tubes.

Just for the record, I've had no issues with the Liquid Platinum itself.

May 20, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #2,140 of 5,150
I still would love to have a screenshot, where it said 5 years, for backup, but it seems they have been scrubbed, from the web? or I just can't find one. . .
5 year warranty badge is back

Thanks for digging into this -- looked, but couldn't find an emoji of a badger :wolf:

May 20, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #2,141 of 5,150
5 year warranty badge is back

Thanks for digging into this -- looked, but couldn't find an emoji of a badger :wolf:
That's good news! We'll have to make sure they don't change it back again

Capture.JPG

May 20, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #2,143 of 5,150
Correction!

I remember it was 5years. As initially there were lot of QC posts going on so I double checked the website before I made my purchase and it was 5years. I got it in Nov18

May 20, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #2,145 of 5,150
I doubt that was a mistake on their part. You guys think they wanted to change it to 1 year? How do we know they won't pull another one like this?
I think we have to keep checking every now and then. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back