Monoprice Monolith Liquid Gold (X)
Sep 15, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #18 of 694
I have to let you guys decide on LAuX DAC. That is, not for me to prejudice your own findings. But, it is in there. :ksc75smile:

Hi Alex, anyway you can comment on the new Liquid Platinum DAC. Any info would be awesome, my LP amp needs company on it's little rack I bought just for it !
Alex - when you reply to @Rattle , can you also comment on WHY no DAC output from LAuX?!
I mean, if the LAuX only comes with DAC, and since the LP did not - why not allow people who plan to stack them, to use the LAuX DAC for both?
I am seriously considering getting the LAuX in addition to my LP, and would have loved utilizing the LAuX DAC for the LP as well...

Sep 15, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #19 of 694
Answers to Rattle and Zachik.

The LP DAC uses an AK4499 4ch Chip. It will, obviously, be balanced with the expected complement of ins and outs. It will also, obviously, be in the same type enclosure for stacking. :)

As for LAuX and DAC output, I think this is a real estate issue. The rear panel is pretty much consumed with all the jacking that is there now.

And, LP without a DAC, there is simply no room to put one in because of the tubes and the needed tube supplies. The LAuX, OTOH, has the room for a fairly big daughter board that holds the DAC. Should any of you grab the LAuX you will see how it is all arranged.

Sep 15, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #21 of 694
As for LAuX and DAC output, I think this is a real estate issue. The rear panel is pretty much consumed with all the jacking that is there now.
Disappointing... Thanks Alex for the explanation!

Nov 12, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #24 of 694
Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 12:08 AM Post #28 of 694
F67B50BD-45EC-488F-A9C6-D39EDAD21215.jpeg

The Liquid Gold X is here. Ask me anything.

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #29 of 694

The Liquid Gold X is here. Ask me anything.

1. What is your opinion on the integrated DAC?
2. Compared to directly outputting from the Hugo2, how is the sound?
3. If you’ve had a chance, how is it compared to the original LG?

Thanks, and look forward to your impressions!

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #30 of 694

Users who are viewing this thread

Back