Monoprice 8323 vs Superlux HD-681 EVO
Feb 26, 2014 at 7:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

musicrazy22

New Head-Fier
I have been using Superlux HD681's for the last 2 years but they have just broke, I'm 90% sure I'm going to buy the upgraded 681 EVO model because I've loved the originals so much and the harsh treble seems to have been fixed on the new model judging by the reviews and they look a lot nicer.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Monoprice 8323's? I know they are closed and the Superlux semi open but I don't have a preference. it's just the fact I could get them for as little as £16 and they have rave reviews on amazon so its making me question if I should give these a try as a change?

The Superlux 681 EVO would cost £30 from a german company
The Monoprice would cost £16 from amazon (currently unavailable but I'd be prepared to wait)

Ignoring the fact they are completely different sounding headphones which one seems the best value and does anyone have any experience with either? they both have detectable cables and look like they are well made.

I listen to mostly 60s/70s classic rock music if that helps and I'm on a budget so don't want to go any higher in price.

Thanks

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #2 of 2

The monoprice have strong bass and quite good midrange. The treble can be a bit harsh for some people's likes. Soundstage is very poor according to pretty much everyone who has heard them. The Evo's have a huge, gorgeous soundstage that is both wide and deep. Bass is very strong on the Evo (too much for some people) and the mids a bit recessed. There are several mods to the Evo discussed elsewhere in a forum and many have had good luck with these mods. I guess if you care about soundstage, then go with the Evo. If not, then maybe the monoprice is your ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back