Mon 22nd Feb - London Meet - The Square Mile
Feb 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #47 of 88
Thanks P4Z, updated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, don't know if you noticed in the first thread, in answer to your question I do have optical out on my laptop. Will bring it along.

Feb 11, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #48 of 88
ok put me down as confirmed, bringing:
Grado RS1, Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser IE8, Shure e5c (if I can find them), Sennheiser CX550
TianYun Zero DAC - this has socketed/swappable op-amps so if anyone wants to read up in the relevant thread and request any/bring their own then feel free (have for example some metal can BB OPA627s in there now IIRC)
Also if I can find it/if of any interest, the little Headroom USB DAC (the BB op-amp version) - ah yes that's what it's called, the Headroom Total Bithead..
Friend of mine not on the forum will be bringing his Etymotic ER-4P,

at the lower end, another friend not on the forum might bring his Sennheiser HD580 (for comparison with the 650s someone is bringing?) and also probably his Sennheiser CX500 which are super-cheap but brilliant IMO (and worth comparing against my CX550).

Stuff I'd quite like to hear if anyone has available: any kind of IEMs really, but perhaps especially the UE 700 (or other UE)? Also the Ety HF5? Any in-ear Denon? Any of these new in-ear Klipsch? And back to big headphones, anything by Audio-Technica or AKG esp. the K701?

Also, not sure what the etiquette is for in-ears - personally I'm not scared of germs, but can make it a bit nicer for people with a combination of 'if you have your own rubber/silicone tips for certain brands of in-ear then bring them', and/or a box of wet wipes to clean them between uses - don't know what you think but should be fine for most people like that? (well and obviously, clean ears
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Feb 11, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #49 of 88
I have to go to dundee some when that week but am not sure when yet, If I am in london I can bring:
AKG K601, UE super-fi 3, Ety hf5, Senn CX400 II, Beyer DTX60, Sleek SA1
Dual-Mono tpa Opus, Sony a818 + dock if there's any call

I also have no idea about iem etiquette. I have about 30 spare pairs of tips but I'd have thought clean ears and common sense would suffice.

Feb 11, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #50 of 88
ah yes, CX400-II may be interesting - lots of sales people, forum posts/amazon reviews and whatever claiming they are 'the same' as the now-discontinued CX500..
smile.gif
would also much appreciate a chance to listen to those AKGs..

Feb 11, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #51 of 88
re. Iem ettiquete, it's up to the idividual, personally i'm not anal, i set the rules to cater for the most anal person to be considerate to all comers, on the day it's up to each of us. Common sense and mutual consideration is all that's needed.

Feb 11, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #52 of 88
re. Iem ettiquete, it's up to the idividual, personally i'm not anal, i set the rules to cater for the most anal person to be considerate to all comers, on the day it's up to each of us. Common sense and mutual consideration is all that's needed.

Feb 12, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #53 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmudger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ah yes, CX400-II may be interesting - lots of sales people, forum posts/amazon reviews and whatever claiming they are 'the same' as the now-discontinued CX500..
smile.gif
would also much appreciate a chance to listen to those AKGs..

Yes, I've heard that about the senn's but have never heard the cx500 so can't comment at the moment. As for the AKG's, very underated phones, I am building a CKKIII for them at the moment as they need a fairly hefty bit of power behind them. I see there are some good amps going to the meet which is good as mine won't be finished by then.

Feb 12, 2010 at 10:49 PM Post #54 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parafeed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just stating an opinion rather than having a whine. Monday night after work is fine if there are a group of you working in the square mile who want to meet up after work.

Are you gonna attend parafeed?

Feb 13, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #56 of 88
Parafeed,
Don't feel you absolutely have to bring heavy gear along, or anything at all if you did want to come. You could just bring a couple of sets of headphones; there will be other amps there!
smily_headphones1.gif

But if you don't feel you can make it that's cool, a shame I agree, and sorry this wasn't a convenient set up for you. Next time I hope.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #59 of 88
Expecting an equipment delivery on the 21 or 22nd, and if so, will bring a Decware ZenHead, Westones UM3X, and possibly an ALO Rx amp and ALO mod K701's, and Stax SR-001's.

If they don't make it here, will probably not come if I don't have a dish to pass.

ZenFire

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #60 of 88
Great! Thanks Zenfire, have added you under the "maybes".
smily_headphones1.gif

There is something I hoped all those looking at this thread could feed in on though...

It's been pointed out to me that a week day after-work meet is not the best idea, and it seems up-take numbers are reflecting that.

Sorry that this wasn't obvious to me; I've got a bit of experience organising events but none within this community, so I hope others can help me out through their advice.

The obvious next question is -

Do we cancel this one or go ahead with a "mini-meet-up" anyway?

If the three "maybes" confirm I think we have enough for a nice meet up and exchanging of opinions, but would understand if others didn't think there would be enough there to justify it.

I think either way we still need to look at a larger weekend based event.

What format would another meet take that would suit the UK users here?

Please be vocal.

I'm a pro-active person and am happy to do the leg-work to make things happen, but I need some feedback and guidance from others to make sure I'm going in the right direction.

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back