Moments in Cinema with my Headphones
Oct 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

foolsgold1986

100+ Head-Fier
I decided with this forum to be exceptionally nerdy.  You know how they say certain pink floyd albums played backwards during the wizard of oz just goes with it.  Well the truth is almost any audio can do this.  So when have you been watching a movie or TV and listened to music on your audiophile headphone and had an ah ha moment because they matched so perfectly.

I had that moment the other day watching the shining.  I was listening to coeur de  pirate a french Canadian indie pop rocker.  I was a serene moment that I can not explain very well.  All I know it was the first time I watched that film and had that experience. 

I also listened to that album for the last thirty minutes of the second presidential debate.  It was much better only hearing her beautiful voice rather the normal diatribe coming out of leaders mouths.

So please do share a moment that this happened to you.  I know super nerdy.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I decided with this forum to be exceptionally nerdy.  You know how they say certain pink floyd albums played backwards during the wizard of oz just goes with it.  Well the truth is almost any audio can do this.  So when have you been watching a movie or TV and listened to music on your audiophile headphone and had an ah ha moment because they matched so perfectly.

I had that moment the other day watching the shining.  I was listening to coeur de  pirate a french Canadian indie pop rocker.  I was a serene moment that I can not explain very well.  All I know it was the first time I watched that film and had that experience. 

I also listened to that album for the last thirty minutes of the second presidential debate.  It was much better only hearing her beautiful voice rather the normal diatribe coming out of leaders mouths.

So please do share a moment that this happened to you.  I know super nerdy.

the dark side of oz (playing the dark side of the moon album with the wizard of oz) is more than just an album going nicely with a film. they are synchronous. for example, when the lyrics of the song sing "which is which", the wicked which of the west is displayed on screen. there are tons of these "coincidences," which make it seem as if the band made the album with an intention of matching up with the film.

when you were watching the presidential debate, was the word "liar" being sung?
biggrin.gif
what coincidences did you notice?

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 5
I used to listen to The Chronic 2001 by Dr Dre while watching Cartoon Network.

So god damn hilarious.

I also remember listening to it while playing Halo 2(maybe 3) campaign, and while the long sound effect in the song "Explosive" was going off, a giant bomb was also going off that synced perfectly. It was the weirdest coincidence.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #4 of 5
Well it was possible but I don't know french very well and the song was in french.  It did not seem so much like it matched it just made me think wow this would of been much better with music.  These two people should have had theme songs at the least.  Like President Obama has that black eye'd peas singer endorsing him all the time and I hear Mr. Romney is fond of the killers.  I am just saying I was watching and thought god this awful to watch. 'add music'.  Much better.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I used to listen to The Chronic 2001 by Dr Dre while watching Cartoon Network.

Still have it, Rap doesn't get any better than that so it's one of the few albums I own of the genre (You should be picked up at least for the THX sound effect intro that he illegally used :p). 

I don't personally think you can match headphones to movies, if only because of the mixing and other factors. Whole albums on the other hand are well suited for such pairings, especially if the album is consistently recorded. I think the best you need for movies are open headphones,terrific dynamics, and soundstage.

The best zombie killin' music also is of course White Zombie OR...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back