Mojo's Greatest Hits
Feb 10, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #168 of 222
  Has anyone else listened to this CD?

https://www.discogs.com/Andreas-Scholl-English-Folksongs-Lute-Songs/release/1000415

I keep thinking that the Blu 2 and DAVE would have such fun with the building acoustics.

I haven't but I'll check TIDAL to give a listen. 

Although not a fan, the Masters version of "Rumors" at TIDAL is worth a Mojo listen:   "Dreams" opening sequence.  Listen to what Mojo does to the cymbal in the intro.  Then, listen to the voice...

wow.  

Feb 10, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #169 of 222

This must have just been added to the masters - I saw the other Yes albums , but not this one. I will look forward to listening it.

The list of Masters has disappeared at TIDAL.  It appears that albums in your list are replaced with Masters as they become available.  

I would have preferred the list to continue.  

Feb 10, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #170 of 222

The list of Masters has disappeared at TIDAL.  It appears that albums in your list are replaced with Masters as they become available.  

I would have preferred the list to continue.  

Hmmm is that so? Does Tidal automatically replace Hifi versions with masters? Didn't experience that myself.

For now the Masters section appears only on the Tidal desktop app and disappears when using the web player. 

Feb 10, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #171 of 222

I haven't but I'll check TIDAL to give a listen. 

Although not a fan, the Masters version of "Rumors" at TIDAL is worth a Mojo listen:   "Dreams" opening sequence.  Listen to what Mojo does to the cymbal in the intro.  Then, listen to the voice...

wow.  

Just listened to the version of dreams from the CD - that cymbal is quite something.

I don't listen to the version of dreams on rumours much these days, instead preferring the version by the corrs, usually from this disc which I will try and compare tomorrow https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/tn0/Dreams-Live-Albert-Hall-Patricks-March-17th/B000008913

[edit] I have now listened to the versions of Dreams on the 'Live at the Albert Hall' and on the 'Talk on Corners' albums, and neither has the cymbal featuring at the start of the track.

It is hard to beat listening to Rumours, for some music to lift the soul.

back on-topic, you made me wonder how the mojo handles albatross, which contains a lot of cymbal throughout the song.
I could only find my copy from this disc at short notice. 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-BBC-Peters-Fleetwood-Green/dp/B00005NHNT

It too has a similar cymbal in the intro, so you may enjoy the comparison. 

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #172 of 222
Jethro Tull.  A Passion Play '73  Tidal Masters/MQA (2014 Remaster)

Brilliant recording, instrumentation, production and music - Ian Anderson and group at their finest

Frequent surprises in instrumentation, time signature changes, lyrics and vocals

Ian's vocals are among the finest in all of pop music IMHO

...highly recommended for all prog heads!

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #173 of 222
Relayer  - Yes - 1974 original/2003 Remaster and Master/MQA'd on Tidal -

The first track.....The Gates of Delirium - sounds absolutely out-of-this-world on Mojo -

this is cerebral, jazz-fusion oriented rock music with the precision and subtlety
of classical

with so much passion it crosses over into the sensual/cosmic

43 years later reveals what genius this group attained!

The sound stage and overall sound quality is superb, it all just really WORKS!

...what a production and performance!

If you love prog or jazz fusion (or just stellar rock music), a must try!

Mar 12, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #174 of 222
Bjork's opening Track Hidden Place from Vespertine - like roaming
in her cold (Iceland?), somewhat alien inner soul. Nice layers moving
through the sound stage with Mojo!

appreciated on Tidal-decoded Master version.

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #175 of 222
I am recommending you Mojo'ers listen to Harry Nilsson's "Pandemonium Shadow Show" 1967 - Tidal has 
a good master - despite its age it sounds amazing, excellent musicality and a classic pop album from a musical genius.

This album inspired the Beatles greatly; it sounds a lot like them esp Magical Mystery Tour and prior .

For all Beatles, Brian Wilson and late 60's pop fans!

Incredible Artistry

Jul 23, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #177 of 222
Here is a contribution from OPENER:

Sure thing! It´s a Swedish indie/rock band named "Kent" and the song is called "999". They are widely considered to be Scandinavia´s biggest band during the last decades. They are both on Tidal and Spotify.
The acoustic pick attack is quite noticeable in the background already from the beginning of the song. Just did some A/B-ing with and without the Mojo now (straight into my Macbook Air) and now the acoustic guitar is easy to hear with both. But cool thing is I have listended to this song an endless number of times and never noticed until now with the Mojo. What a sweet feeling (although pretty anal ha ha).
After spending a lot of time with my Mojo the last few weeks I feel it´s easy to sum it up like this: Listening to my favourite music through my idevices or my AK100 sounds good but really like listening to a device. Listening through the Mojo sounds like just listening directly to the music. More like being in a very dynamic live situation. If that made any sense at all. And it´s true what many of you say that this "phenomenon" really grows on you the more you listen.
And by the way I´m mostly using Shure SE846.

On Tidal there are two different versions of the song "999". Do you hear the digital artifacts in the upper registers in the album version of that song? The single version is clean I guess. I hear more and more of the digital artifacts on tracks in Tidal nowadays, I think Mojo makes them easier to spot.

Aug 9, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #179 of 222
Check out the first few songs on Dream Theater's "The Astonishing" - it is just that!

For all lovers of classic prog and progressive metal, fantastic stuff here through Mojo!

Aug 9, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #180 of 222
Personally I've just dug out Howard Shores Hobbit soundtrack cd.1 t.4 - Blunt the knives is sounding atmospheric and superbly detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back