MOJO 2 vs IFI GRYPHON
Oct 11, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #16 of 24
Which is better for IEM desktop use? Don't really care about portability as much.
Mojo2, it has the "desktop mode" to let you use it as a desktop DAC (power plugged in all the time).

Oct 14, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #17 of 24
Mojo2, it has the "desktop mode" to let you use it as a desktop DAC (power plugged in all the time).
It appears that the Gryphon also has a desktop mode, although it's not advertised as aggresively as Mojo's.

Oct 16, 2023 at 2:26 AM Post #18 of 24
It appears that the Gryphon also has a desktop mode, although it's not advertised as aggresively as Mojo's.
really? I have not seen any information like "desktop mode/use" on the iFi product link

Oct 16, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #20 of 24
Oct 16, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #21 of 24
Oct 16, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #22 of 24
Is the "Dual Port setting" in the answer a mode in the Gryphon configuration?
Yes, it's an option in Gryphon's menu

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #23 of 24
I've found Chord gear to be frustrating to use and overpriced. Not a fan of their design aesthetic either, which is trying way too hard to be cool and different.

iFi gear is the complete opposite. Unpretentious, sensibly priced, and uniformly great sounding, to my ears at least. Love my iDSD Black Label with the Arya!
And is the Black Label, which is much bigger than the Gryphon, better or worse than the Gryphon? It's definitely much older...

Oct 18, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #24 of 24
Formerly owned a grphyon I used for the office. Would be curious how people think it stacks up to the mojo 2 sound quality wise I've not heard either mojo. I will say that I found the Gryphon to be a great little device that's super feature rich. I don't recall ever setting it to desktop mode but there are 2 usb c ports that if both plugged in can pass power and data individually. It was killer for IEM's I didn't use it for full size cans all that much but it worked well when I tested it, and it has a great battery. Also just feels like a good quality device in the hand. I only sold it due to the nature of my job at the time which would require me to get up and move equipment semi frequently so the bulk of the wire and device became a little annoying buit for sure would have kept it around if I were more stationary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back