MOG Lossless!
Aug 28, 2011 at 11:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

idahan

New Head-Fier
So, previously I asked Head-fi users to vote for MOG to add kernel streaming to their desktop app. After much support, MOG responded, saying:

"I'll inquire with the developers. I doubt this is particularly difficult. Given that we have a dedicated audio engine for the desktop app and experienced programmers, I do not anticipate this being an issue."

Great News, I know!

But, imagine having the entire MOG catalog in a Lossless bitrate! I know this is a lot less likely and much more difficult than adding kernel streaming, but MOG does listen to what users what. At least one of person has requested lossless bitrate and MOG declined their request saying:

"Currently label owners only allow the 320kbps quality files. If they make higher quality available, we will take advantage."

This appears not to be a MOG issue, but a label issue instead. So, I started a request for a 'Super Premium' MOG service that would encourage labels to offer the lossless bitrate in exchange for, well, more money. I would be more than willing to pay $15/mo. (which is a 50% increase over their regular premium price) for the entire collection in lossless bitrate.

As usual, you don't need to be a MOG subscriber to vote; if you thing this is a good idea, just vote. If you think it's a BAD idea, because you wouldn't want to pay any more than the $9.99 standard price, then vote anyway. The more support for lossless the better, it's as simple as that.

Here's the link to vote and thanks for all the support:

http://feedback.mog.com/forums/50607-feature-suggestions/suggestions/2216199-streaming-lossless-at-super-premium-price?ref=title

Users who are viewing this thread

Back