ModMic on my DT880!
Apr 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Styles

Head-Fier

So Its been a minute since I've posted, but I had to put this up.

I just got a new mic from Jim over at http://www.modmic.com/ and put it on my DT880's, here are some pics.  I chose an under mount style as the cup on them made for a nice location.  As you can see in my profile I'm an Xbox gamer and use the Astro MixAmp into a Schiit Asgard amp as these are 600 ohms.  Anyway the mic went on great and works very well.  I love how light weight it is and I have it bent in a way that I can't see it out of my peripheral vision.  I cant even tell its there, it just works.  The sound is great as my friends have complimented on it over Xbox Live.  For you guys with a custom set up this is a great way to go.  I have gone through a couple different mic set ups so far and this has been my best one yet.

Apr 24, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #2 of 12
Interesting...i have to try their service someday. Which mics have you tried? 

Apr 24, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 12
I think jackwess meant, "what mics from any other company have you tried?" Not just "what other AntLion mics".

Interesting choice, mounting them below the cup! I have one on my 880 too, and it's on the side where it says "DT 880". 
Nice headphone stand too. What is it?

Apr 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
I think jackwess meant, "what mics from any other company have you tried?" Not just "what other AntLion mics".

Interesting choice, mounting them below the cup! I have one on my 880 too, and it's on the side where it says "DT 880". 
Nice headphone stand too. What is it?

LOL.. I have used a mic from Tritton that i made a custom clip for, but I had to have a custom 2.5 female to 3.5 male cable made.  Head-fi user Mad Max made a cable for me and it works great.  I just didn't like my clip I designed and need to redesign it.  i will hold off on it for now as this mic works great.

The stand is old parts from stirling solar engine that I designed while working for a solar company.  I don't work there any more but the parts made a nice stand.

Apr 26, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:

Exactly, thats what i was trying to say. Thanks man. 

Op, in case you decide to redesign your clip let us know. 

Jan 8, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #9 of 12
  Hey, I know this is an old post, but listening to something on medium-70% levels on PC, does the modmic pick up the sound of the DT 880's?

No not at all. Worked great.  I use Sennheiser HD 650's now which are full open and the Modmic still works great.  The mic is very precise in that just keep it fairly close to your mouth without breathing into it.  It really only pics up you.

Jan 8, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #11 of 12

LOL.. I have used a mic from Tritton that i made a custom clip for, but I had to have a custom 2.5 female to 3.5 male cable made.  Head-fi user Mad Max made a cable for me and it works great.  I just didn't like my clip I designed and need to redesign it.  i will hold off on it for now as this mic works great.

The stand is old parts from stirling solar engine that I designed while working for a solar company.  I don't work there any more but the parts made a nice stand.

There's an adapter that comes in the box with the XBox adapter, did that not help?

Jan 8, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #12 of 12

There's an adapter that comes in the box with the XBox adapter, did that not help?

This is way old from my Xbox 360.  That setup evolved and changed. It was the best with Antlion ModMic in the end. 

Now onto custom setups on my Xbox One.  You can track that over on Mad Lust Envy's gaming headphone thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back